NorthTrek Shipyards

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

NorthTrek Shipyards

Post by RogueWolf » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 am

-One Thread to rule them all...

OK I've notice that I've been spamming the 1/2500 thread with multiple posts for multiple ships. This isn't fair to the other board members who are contributing as everytime I go to update a thread I may be bumping someone else to the bottom of the page. So here is my shipyards build thread. On a go forward basis, all my different ship builds will be showcased here.

Sound fair?

I got to thinking on this tonight while I was at the bench working on the dozen or so builds that I have in progress when inspiration hit me - BOOM!

After I got up off the floor in a slightly dazed state, I sat back down in my chair.

An idea for a Jem'Hadar ship.

Not a small ship like the fighter or slightly larger like my destroyer class, but something slightly bigger! Something that would be in the same tonnage class as a Sovereign Class. Another class to fill in the huge gap between the JH Bug and the JH battle cruiser.

So off to the stash I went. While the overall ship hull was coming together, thoughts of what to do with the wings that the primary nacelles would be mounted on ran through my fertile imagination. digging through another box I come across a part that I was holding onto as it reminded me of a potential Romulan design prospect.

So anyway, I kept searching till I found the parts that I wanted for the JH nacelle wing. While sizing her up for cut lines, I thought that I'd save the leftovers for the parts bin instead of the garbage. Then all of the sudden...

BOOM!

Inspiration again. The leftover parts would look good on that Romulan Hull!!!

Right now I'm waiting for glue to set while I sip a vodka and cranberry and type this up. After being away from the bench for a year, it's like a years worth of build ideas and inspiration are hitting me all at once. I don't know how much more I can take.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Re: NorthTrek Shipyards

Post by Del » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am

I disagree. Each ship should have it's own thread, but to conserve thread space (is that a real term?), I'll post any of my updates to your ships in your thread, rather than starting my own once the decals are finished and the kit is available. If another person is a rabid builder of kits on the shelf, we still want to see each ship separately. Comments will get crazy if they are all confined to one thread and folks are talking about more than one ship.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!

RogueWolf
Velutinous Vice Admiral
Velutinous Vice Admiral

Re: NorthTrek Shipyards

Post by RogueWolf » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:22 am

Del wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:21 am
I disagree. Each ship should have it's own thread, but to conserve thread space (is that a real term?), I'll post any of my updates to your ships in your thread, rather than starting my own once the decals are finished and the kit is available. If another person is a rabid builder of kits on the shelf, we still want to see each ship separately. Comments will get crazy if they are all confined to one thread and folks are talking about more than one ship.
I was thinking of this too Del, thanks for your input.

I'm in a major creative mode right now, there doesn't seem like there is enough hours in the day and I try hard to limit my time at the bench to a few hours or so a day so I don't become obsessed and let other things slide. Everything in moderation you know.

Be that as it may, it seems that every time I sit at the bench new ideas are coming up out of thin air all the time. I already have a ton of ships in builds stages, and a ton of concepts that already exist that I want to get to, but lately I've been getting even more and more! Its 23:51 and I should be going to bed but I want to go back to the bench!

Argh!!!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Return to “1/2500”