Made a unified 1/2500 scale for Kelvinverse and Discovery.

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
taibeen
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Made a unified 1/2500 scale for Kelvinverse and Discovery.

Post by taibeen » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 am

Born out of my frustration with the new scale of the Constitution Class that Polar Lights is slated to release next year... I stewed. Then I gave it some thought and came to the realization that it might be a good thing. I plugged in the numbers and decided that I would see if I could create a unified, reconciled scale that would work with all my models in 1/2500. This is what I came up with.

What this means for my 1/2500 modeling is that the Cadet series Constitution, Constitution Refit, Excelsior and Miranda are OUT. That boxed set is gone. All that work for naught. Gone. Finito. Zip. Zilch.

When the 1/2500 Discovery set with the Enterprise, Shenzhou and Discovery come out--they get the shelf space.

I need to source a 1/2500 version of the original series Constitution and Constitution refit at 482.5 meters... and a Kelvin Timeline Enterprise of that size as well. This shouldn't be difficult with the shops on Shapeways. The only other ships that need to be resized to the new scale are the Kelvin, Miranda and Excelsior.

Return to “1/2500”