Made a unified 1/2500 scale for Kelvinverse and Discovery.

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
taibeen
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Made a unified 1/2500 scale for Kelvinverse and Discovery.

Post by taibeen » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 am

Born out of my frustration with the new scale of the Constitution Class that Polar Lights is slated to release next year... I stewed. Then I gave it some thought and came to the realization that it might be a good thing. I plugged in the numbers and decided that I would see if I could create a unified, reconciled scale that would work with all my models in 1/2500. This is what I came up with.

What this means for my 1/2500 modeling is that the Cadet series Constitution, Constitution Refit, Excelsior and Miranda are OUT. That boxed set is gone. All that work for naught. Gone. Finito. Zip. Zilch.

When the 1/2500 Discovery set with the Enterprise, Shenzhou and Discovery come out--they get the shelf space.

I need to source a 1/2500 version of the original series Constitution and Constitution refit at 482.5 meters... and a Kelvin Timeline Enterprise of that size as well. This shouldn't be difficult with the shops on Shapeways. The only other ships that need to be resized to the new scale are the Kelvin, Miranda and Excelsior.

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Re: Made a unified 1/2500 scale for Kelvinverse and Discovery.

Post by RogueWolf » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:15 pm

I admire all the thought you have put into this size chart, for logical reasons alone, I buy into your perspective. Kudos!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:27 am

While I appreciate all of your thought and effort, I'm sticking to just putting all things ST:D into a pocket 'verse that is as much an alternate timeline as that of the Kelvin 'Verse. I just can't acknowledge the changes made to ST:D just because someone at CBS - or whoever owns the rights these days - wanted to change things.

So, I watch and enjoy ST:D, but don't consider it anything approaching the Prime Timeline. If I acknowledge that, I'll start being a real hater and I don't think that anyone wants that. I certainly don't.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing what you come up with for physical models.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 am

I’m leaning towards Griff and his thoughts except I go one step further. As I consider all the new stuff after DS9 a completely different Universe (yes even ‘Entereprise’), I don’t display it with my Trek stuff.

scale problem solved :)

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:32 am

andyh wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:33 am
I’m leaning towards Griff and his thoughts except I go one step further. As I consider all the new stuff after DS9 a completely different Universe (yes even ‘Entereprise’), I don’t display it with my Trek stuff.

scale problem solved :)
I'm a going to go with that one.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “1/2500”