AST 1/1000 Defiant Kit preview (part 3) - Final Thoughts

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: AST 1/1000 Defiant Kit preview (part 3) - Final Thoughts

Post by holt35 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:40 pm

MEATLOAFr wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:39 pm
holt35 wrote:Thanks Meatloafr. I got mine in the mail yesterday and it's a nice kit but I see the problems with the decals you're talking about.
I ordered another one for myself - I plan on making vinyl templates for painting & lighting, so keep an eye open for that build thread
Just wondering as I sit here retaping the blue areas on Defiant because I went to heavy on the weathering and now have to tone it back down a little, Are you planning on selling those templates? :| They won't help me this time but I'll probably build another one in the near future, it's a fun little kit. Also it would be great if someone would come out with a photo etch kit for it to add all the missing detail.

Rio
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Rio » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:20 pm

..........I plan on making vinyl templates for painting & lighting, so keep an eye open for that build thread
I do look forward to get that template. If I do fill the recessed lines and sand them flush, it sure would help to have those templates.
Thanks!!!
Riö
<*>
Semper Sci Fi!

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:27 pm

Templates are still in the works, having hardware issue after the move and have a new computer on the way this week and as soon as I find power cord for printer I’ll see about a test fitting
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Return to “1/1000”