Polar Lights coming out with ST:DIS ships in 1/2500

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
taibeen
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: Polar Lights coming out with ST:DIS ships in 1/2500

Post by taibeen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 pm

I agree, it's very frustrating. There is no real reason to increase the size of any of these ships.

The Discovery can be reasonably larger as it is experimental... the Enterprise's new size doesn't fit either the prime or the Kelvin timeline, and the Shenzhou is a one-off ship as it is anyway.

Ugh.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Not So Fast!

Post by Gidiot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Belay that WARP SPEED ORDER!!!!

So far ONLY the Discovery in 1/2500 is set!!! if you look at the bottom of the poster it's asking for our input into what we would like next and in what scale....:
WF-discovery-board.jpg
blown up for your connivence : " (Help) us plan whats next"...
Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.11.11 PM.png
also the post on collectormodel.com by Round2...:

This seems to have caused no small amount of confusion with some people online interpreting this as us doing all three ships in all three scales. Oh well. these things happen these days. Here is a closer look at our board. Feel free to let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment.

Direct link: http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-mo ... Q9AoP.dpbs

so NOW I'm hoping that the 1/2500 scale Enterprise gets done... as that will fit nicely in a 1/1400 scale fleet as a variant of the good 'ol Connie!!!

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Polar Lights coming out with ST:DIS ships in 1/2500

Post by Xen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:29 pm

i can understand r2 not wanting to miss a trick with dis ships. it might mean the prime universe ships as we know them get sidelined, but let us see how it pans out.

jamie is quite good at juggling to keep all parties [his fellow r2 ptb, and us modelers] happy. i wish him all the very best with this project and know there will be plenty more.

in the meantime the only thing that is set in stone is the 1/2500 discovery, so check out his blog and have your say! :)

Return to “1/2500”