WonderFest 2019 - So who's going?

Conventions, Expo's, and other Star Trek events go here.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

WonderFest 2019 - So who's going?

Post by Del »

I just reserved my room, so with any luck this year I won't have to cancel, and my wife should also be in attendance. This is the 30th WonderFest, so it should be a lot of fun like the 25th was. Looks like John Eaves is now a confirmed Guest of the event, and I look forward to seeing and speaking with him.

There will not be a MVM table this year, because - drum roll please - I plan to enter the model contest. :shock: I need to show myself and everyone else that I can build something other than kits that I produce, so I have a kitbash on my shelf right now, and with any luck, I'll have at least one more model to enter. With my wife attending, I want to spend time with her enjoying the model room and everything else that WF has to offer. A table would keep me pinned down, and I would rather have some fun after a stressful 2018.

So, who else is going?
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: WonderFest 2019 - So who's going?

Post by mophius »

I would love to go but after the horrible year I had last year I am now playing catch up on many fronts. financially it is just not feasible for me but also that would be around the first year anniversary of the death of my sister so my time would be better spent with my family.
Have fun all who do yo, I will look forward to seeing lots of photos
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

I've been wanting to go for years, but for 1 reason or another plans fell through (last year trying coordinate with a visit to my sister, wife & some kids having to go to Michigan, my vacation as well as the kids schedule, drive or fly, ...).

So when my wife asked what I want for Christmas, I initially said an experience rather than "things" and later reframed it for Wonderfest (although I still haven't got the previous year's "mid-life crisis" motorcycle yet). So hopefully it will really be happening this year!
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
AdmiralBuck
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by AdmiralBuck »

I plan to attend for my fifth consecutive year. I usually have a project or two to enter in the contest. Definitely a highlight of the year for me.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

So that's it since January? Nobody else is going? :lol:

As I stated above, I won't have a table this year, but I will be attending. If you want to place an order to pick up at the event so you can avoid shipping charges, message me with the items you want. Don't place your order on the website, just contact me and I'll invoice you for the items with no shipping charges for delivery at the event. Pay as soon as you get the invoice to save cash for the event, or pay me there when you pick-up your order. Either way works for me.

Hope to see you there!!! --Del
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

We canceled out. Too many other things going down, including saving for a 3D printer/everything.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Tesral wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:47 pm We canceled out. Too many other things going down, including saving for a 3D printer/everything.
Dang it! :( I was hoping to finally meet you. Maybe next year.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Del wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:09 am Dang it! :( I was hoping to finally meet you. Maybe next year.
Same here, but choices by Wonderfest itself were part of the call. No kind bed rooms in the convention block? REALLY?
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

Well, I'm officially going with the wife & son for both days. Its been kind of a swirl for me, working lots of OT, couple of kids graduating, in-laws in for 3 week visit, coming down sick, etc. I'll look into the agenda a day or 2 before I leave to get an Idea of what to do/expect.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
phasers-on-fun
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by phasers-on-fun »

I’m going. First time.

Robert
Jolan tru...

Return to “Events”