PSA

Discuss all non Star Trek related topics here.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

PSA

Post by Tesral »

Yellowstone -- The National parks service would like you to enjoy your stay. To this end we have a few items for your safety.

*Wild animals are wild, do not approach or attempt to interact with them.
*Yellowstone has both black and brown bears. We recommend that you wear small bells and carry bear spray if hiking the various trails.
*Learn to identify bear scat, Black bear scat can be identified by the remains of leaves and berries. Brown bear scat can be identified by the presence of small bells and the odor of pepper.

-- Your Friendly National Parks Service.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: PSA

Post by Greyryder »

:lol:

Reminds me of the old joke about how to tell a black bear from a grizzly bear: When the bear chases you, climb a tree. If it climbs the tree after you, it's a black bear. If it knocks the tree down, it's a grizzly bear.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PSA

Post by Tesral »

Greyryder wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:35 am :lol:

Reminds me of the old joke about how to tell a black bear from a grizzly bear: When the bear chases you, climb a tree. If it climbs the tree after you, it's a black bear. If it knocks the tree down, it's a grizzly bear.
A priest was walking the wilderness when he was spotted by a bear. The bear chased him until the desperate Man of God climbed a tree. Yet the bear was persistent and kept shaking the tree. The Cleric cried out. "God pray make the bear Catholic!"

The bear stopped shaking the tree. It got down on its knees, crossed itself and intoned. "Dear Lord, I give thanks for that which I am about to receive."
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “Off Topic”