New from UGH! Models - K'T'Inga and Nacelles

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

New from UGH! Models - K'T'Inga and Nacelles

Post by Griffworks »

There's some new stuff that's come out recently from UGH! Models. I received these today.
IMG_8197.JPG
New stuff from UGH! Models! These are all 1/1000 scale, of course, and brand new parts. There's the K'T'Inga Mk II, and four different types of new nacelles for Federation ships in the Movie and Lost Years Era timeframes.

ImageFirst up is the Fafnir-class nacelles. They're a sort of mix of Excelsior and Ambassador designs in the nacelles. The Fafnir set has a Bussard collector built in to the front of each nacelle. I received two sets of these, as I really like them for a couple of kitbashes.

ImageNext is the Kodi-class nacelle. These are like the Fafnir, tho without the Bussard collector.

ImageNext up is the Talon-class nacelle. It's more like a Refit-style LN-64, but with wrap-around intercoolers and no fins for the RCS thrusters. I received two sets of these, as well, for the same reasons as the Fafnir.

ImageAnd last from this set of pics is the Mako-class of nacelles. These things look fast without even being mounted on a ship. Imagine how fast they'll make your ship go! :D

I'll post some pics of the K'T'Inga later.

“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: New from UGH! Models - K'T'Inga and Nacelles

Post by Griffworks »

K'T'Inga pics! This will eventually be the IKC Amar.
IMG_8208.JPG
With the previous resin 1/1000 scale K'T'Inga kit release. The built kit was originally sold by Starship Modeler, then The Delta Quadrant, and finally UGH! Models had the masters and produced it. This new K'T'Inga Mk II, tho, is MUCH better. It's a CG built model, cast from printed parts. It's slightly smaller, as you can see, tho still a nice size - and also accurate to the official ST:TMP Blueprint set at 218m-ish.
IMG_8210.JPG
IMG_8211.JPG
Showing the stern of the ship, specifically the impulse vents and the open shuttle bay. There is a door piece you can install if you don't want to show an open bay. However, the kit comes with a Klingon shuttle, as well. It's flatter than it's Federation counterparts, tho might be more of a fighter than a shuttle, I guess. I'll pull it from the bag later and post pics of it, as well.
IMG_8212.JPG
Close up view to better show the upper engineering hull.

“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

K't'inga looks dandy I do hope they bring that in 2500, I know they won't be able to do the shuttle with it but I don't mind that.

The nacelles all look good but need a closer view of the Fafnir to make my mind up whether that or the Kodi would look better on the Excelsior.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

I’ll take a side-by-side pic for you later today or tomorrow.

My Flickr Albums
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

meant to say excelsior or ambassador but thanks all the same
Last edited by mophius on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi »

I wonder how these warp nacelles would fit on big sacred scale ships ....
dJiPi the froggy
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

mophius wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:02 pm meant to say excelsior or ambassador but thanks all the same
Soitenly! And you're most welcome.

And here you go!
ImageLMK if this doesn't get you what you want/need and I'll try and come up with something that does.

ImageBonus view of what the Fafnir will kinda/sorta/maybe look like when lashed onto a Refit pylon!

dJiPi wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 pm I wonder how these warp nacelles would fit on big sacred scale ships ....
Maybe sorta like this? If by "Sacred Scale" you mean 1/2500, that is. I don't have any 1/1400 ships in the house, if it's in that scale.

ImageThis is the Fafnir-class nacelle. Obviously, sort of a sloppy pic, but I was only born with two arms/hands, unfortunately. If I had it to do over again, I'd have been born with four arms. :(

ImageThe Mako-class nacelle.

ImageThe Talon-class nacelle.

I have a couple other 1/2500 ships, tho not many. If you need another view, I can try and get a side view when I can wrangle one of my kids to help me.

My Flickr Albums
dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi »

Very nice, exactly what I was hoping, they will be perfect for some kitbashing in 1/2500 scale ;)
dJiPi the froggy
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Kewel. I look forward to seeing what you come up with on your 'bashes with these nacelles!

My Flickr Albums
Dasphule
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Dasphule »

Those are "Skodi" class nacelles, not Kodi. The S got punched out when they made the hole to hang them at WF.

Return to “1/1000”