The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
steelfox
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: old (unreleased) Galor/Keldon

Post by steelfox »

If I recall correctly I used the 'cruiser' length of 475m when I made the master.
At that point, Mr Sternbach's 370m concept wasn't common knowledge and the on-screen portrayal of the Galor indicated a larger vessel.
At approximately 3/4 the length of a Galaxy Class it was roughly equivalent in capability to the older Federation Ambassador Class.

Regarding 'interior' details:
I opened up the large hangar/cargo bay(?) on the underside of the main hull and added some interior detail for variety.
Since it was never shown on screen, I just "made sh*t up." It is easy enough to glue the 'door' closed if you don't like or want the interior.

The Keldon is simply the Galor production model with the box on top and some extra engines at the back.
The doors & Hangar bays on the 'turtleback are another 'thing' I made up to give some options for the modeller.
I treated the 'turtleback' as a multi-purpose module, similar to the variety of pods used on the Feddie Nebula class.
IIRC I Made a couple of teensy-tiny fighters, shuttles & assault boats to go with it. Similar to the shuttle I made for the Defiant class model.
If you want them to be grills or emitters or some other 'greeblie' then just glue them on and paint to taste.

So if you want the 370m 'destroyer' size Galor, get the Round 2 kit.
If you want the 475m 'cruiser' size interpretation, get Chris' kit when it comes out.

Da Fox
:D
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by OdysseySlipways »

Last edited by OdysseySlipways on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Last edited by OdysseySlipways on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulpratt
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: old (unreleased) Galor/Keldon is now dead

Post by paulpratt »

Balls. The larger Galor is exactly what i've been looking for. The Round 2 one is just too tiny for my taste.
Best,
-Paul
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

i have always [since back when tng was airing] thought the galor was 2/3 the length of the d. the canon size just doesn't sound right.

i've said it before in another thread, but it is not possible for you to release that as is?
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Mark me down for at least 1 if you do
OdysseySlipways wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 pm i was asked if i would consider molding it up "as is" along with the parts i have cast for it. as the tub of rubber in the basement is just sitting there starting to go bad, if i get it back soon enough then yes, i'll dip it in rubber
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

OdysseySlipways wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:05 pm i was asked if i would consider molding it up "as is" along with the parts i have cast for it. as the tub of rubber in the basement is just sitting there starting to go bad, if i get it back soon enough then yes, i'll dip it in rubber
Would you condenser molding a private job? I have a chair for the 1/32 bridge I need more of. Unlike myself you are a better mold maker.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
OdysseySlipways
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Last edited by OdysseySlipways on Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelfox
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by steelfox »

and getting the rubber to flow into those areas fully and not getting any air bubbles is going to be almost impossible
Opening the hangar bays was a 'nice to have'. I did it to add a bit of variety and give the modeller options.
If it is problematic for casting, you could just glue the doors on and cast the main hull and 'turtleback' as single pieces.

Da Fox
:D

Return to “1/2500”