Report upgrade problems (12 June 2018) here

The place for forum help, reporting bugs and other issues relating to AST.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: Report upgrade problems (12 June 2018) here

Post by mophius »

no not that as mine is never turned off either and the problem still remains.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

mophius wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 pm no not that as mine is never turned off either and the problem still remains.
Negative information is information.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

re; ssm they probably had time to work out all the kinks over time. it is common knowledge that folks tend not to post about problems and would rather say nothing until it is fixed. i wasn't around when they made the jump to 3.2, but i do know they had a dev working on it and downtime was involved.

this upgrade is 1 day old. so in the here and now i'm going to listen to you guys, make my own notes and pass on a list to the dev. chip away at the bugs so to speak.

so, i actively encourage you guys to click whatever you want and see how it works. then report it here if you find something odd, broken etc.

and again, a screenshot(s) goes a long way to helping.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

burwellian wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 am Looking fine post update, but the donate button isn't there yet :)
this will be added to the list. :)
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: Please help make AST better by reporting site problems

Post by Xen »

MEATLOAFr wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:37 am Site is running ok for me - only complaint.... looks to much like SSM now :lol:
could you elaborate further? both use phpbb 3.2, so the inner forum 'look' will be the same. however, we use a different template. as soon as i get these bugs and weird things fixed i will start a thread about what look the board could have. i will remain with one template but the colors etc can be changed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Griffworks wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 am My complaint - I used to have to log in almost every time I came to AST on my iPhone. Now that's fine, but I have to log in EVERY TIME that I come here on my desktop. I'm running Win10 and using standard Windows. I didn't have this problem until this recent set of updates. I've tried restarting, clearing cache, etc... Still have to log in on the PC every time I come to AST.
it is difficult to have all operating systems, os versions, browsers and devices to all look the same. that said, i will try my best. i have i.e., firefox and chrome. i.e. and forefox log me out too, even if i delete the login keys [user control panel>profile tab>manage 'rememer me' login keys], so clearly it warrants investigation.
Obviously, I'll live, tho we were asked to report problems. Sooo....
indeed. that is why i started the thread. i don't mind complaints as long as they are constructive and i can do something about them.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Greyryder wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:31 am
Griffworks wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 am What's wrong with how SM looks...? Plus, this is how AST looked prior to the last big update of a few days ago. That's both on my iPhone and PC.

My complaint - I used to have to log in almost every time I came to AST on my iPhone. Now that's fine, but I have to log in EVERY TIME that I come here on my desktop. I'm running Win10 and using standard Windows. I didn't have this problem until this recent set of updates. I've tried restarting, clearing cache, etc... Still have to log in on the PC every time I come to AST.

Came here to report the same problem. "Remember Me" is simply not working. I even tried deleting cookies, from the board, and all but the most recent remember me login key in the control panel. Still no joy.
duly noted. it will be fixed.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

TrekMD wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 am I'm having the same issue with having to log in every time. This is on desktop using Firefox. The forum does look fine now, though. Back to how it looked originally.
see above. :P
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

mophius wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 pm no not that as mine is never turned off either and the problem still remains.
yep. noted.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Xen wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:44 pm
Griffworks wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:15 am My complaint - I used to have to log in almost every time I came to AST on my iPhone. Now that's fine, but I have to log in EVERY TIME that I come here on my desktop. I'm running Win10 and using standard Windows. I didn't have this problem until this recent set of updates. I've tried restarting, clearing cache, etc... Still have to log in on the PC every time I come to AST.
it is difficult to have all operating systems, os versions, browsers and devices to all look the same. that said, i will try my best. i have i.e., firefox and chrome. i.e. and forefox log me out too, even if i delete the login keys [user control panel>profile tab>manage 'rememer me' login keys], so clearly it warrants investigation.
indeed. that is why i started the thread. i don't mind complaints as long as they are constructive and i can do something about them.
Thank you. I get that about potential bugs between different internet viewing applications. This is an annoyance, that's all. It doesn't really effect the functioning, as I can log in and I'll stay in so long as I don't close out the tab or window that I'm using to view AST. So, while I'm surfing AST and replying, I'm still logged in and good to go.

You had mentioned screencaps in this or another thread - I honestly forget where I saw it earlier - , tho in this instance all it would be is the main screen showing the need to log in in the upper right hand corner just below the AST symbol. I can do that if you want, it just seems like it wouldn't really be helpful.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Return to “Help & Contact”