Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by el gato » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:54 pm

jkb-1 wrote:I wonder which would be least expensive, to rework the Cadet mold of the E-B into an Excelsior, or create a new one from the plans for the 1/1000 parts to build the NX or NCC version.
If this is something R2 is considering, I hope they would choose to build new ones from the 1000 scale version. That E-B kit is garbage
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 3301
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by Tesral » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:01 pm

el gato wrote:If this is something R2 is considering, I hope they would choose to build new ones from the 1000 scale version. That E-B kit is garbage
Worst of the lot. Soft, difficult to assemble and looks awful. The reason I do not have one on the shelf.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

SKO
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 1:38 am

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by SKO » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

Tesral wrote:
el gato wrote:If this is something R2 is considering, I hope they would choose to build new ones from the 1000 scale version. That E-B kit is garbage
Worst of the lot. Soft, difficult to assemble and looks awful. The reason I do not have one on the shelf.
Who in god's name makes a kit that size without guiding pins? I have nightmares about those nacelles, too.

MadManMUC
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:55 am
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by MadManMUC » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:29 am

Tesral wrote:Worst of the lot.
Surely not worse than the 537 Reliant: also soft and inaccurate but, more dramatically, absolutely miserable alignment problems on the major parts (hull, nacelles).
DANGER. SPACE DOORS ARE CLOSED.

"I saw it done on Discovery" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
(With apologies to Tesral for nicking his sig. :mrgreen: )

User avatar
Tesral
Bear with me
Bear with me
Posts: 3301
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Dearborn, Mi -- at my desk.
Contact:

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by Tesral » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm

MadManMUC wrote:
Tesral wrote:Worst of the lot.
Surely not worse than the 537 Reliant: also soft and inaccurate but, more dramatically, absolutely miserable alignment problems on the major parts (hull, nacelles).

"The Lot" being the 1/2500 offerings. in that case.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Roud 2 New 1/1000 scale Oberth and BoP for 2018.

Post by el gato » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:14 pm

Of the 13 R2/PL/AMT 2500 offerings, definitely the worst
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Post Reply

Return to “General Trek”