Vulcan Shuttle (Federation Livery)

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Vulcan Shuttle (Federation Livery)

Post by patrickivan »

This is more of a practice model before skinning my 1/350 TMP E.

I’ve never used decal sheets like this before. So it was a learning curve.

I actually don’t mind some of the imperfections at this scale. And once weathered, it’ll look like an in use shuttle.

I'm still not done yet. Almost. Hopefully this weekend, including weathering. Very light though, because I strongly believe the Federation has the technology to keep their stuff from looking like trash.

Larger pics here: https://patrickivan.wordpress.com/2017/ ... d-shuttle/

I'm using the testors decal set. I seem to be getting a painted on effect when it dries fully. I use liquid cement as a solvent to paste down decal edges that aren't conforming. Just a very light brushing, and it wicks it right down onto the model. Too much and it dissolves it.

The base paint job is a Pearl White that I have. I quite like it. It adds an interesting sheen overall under the decals. Different angles give it a white to almost faint golden shimmer.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Vulcan Shuttle (Federation Livery)

Post by Griffworks »

She's turned out looking great! Is that the decal set that came with one of the re-releases?
Last edited by Griffworks on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Vulcan Shuttle (Federation Livery)

Post by el gato »

Excellent job! She looks real purdy
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Misc”