1/537 Bozeman

For all other scales including 1/72, 1/537, 1/650 and Studio.
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: 1/537 Bozeman

Post by andyh » Tue May 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Haven't gotten much more done to the Bozeman. I did putty in the sensor unit and give it a coat of primer. I'm working on building one for the other side as we speak (going to mold them and sell a couple of sets while I'm at it).

Andy

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 am

I really should have made this a joint build up thread as I've done exactly the same modifications on the 1/537 Saratoga build up. I'm trying to finish off both these kits at the same time so I might as well add this to the thread :)

USS Saratoga with generally the same mods as the Bozeman build. New saucer top sensor units (soon to be released through "Accurate Parts"), Saucer correction kit (Accurate Parts/Federation Models). Scratch built B/C deck and bridge (Accurate Parts), scratch build side mounting blocks for the "Alliance" Saratoga conversion kit* sold through Federation models. *I didn't have any input on the outboard sensor thingies.

DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient » Wed May 25, 2016 12:34 am

Looking sharp. Younger me would have loved to have these conversion kits. Had plenty of 1/537 Reliants for them, too.

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Wed May 25, 2016 6:30 am

DefiantClient wrote:Looking sharp. Younger me would have loved to have these conversion kits. Had plenty of 1/537 Reliants for them, too.
I almost gave up and considered getting rid of the 1/537 Miranda variants but I'd put too much work into them :)

Andy

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Wed May 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Very cool builds Andy! Both are equally impressive
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra » Fri May 27, 2016 2:05 am

Looks great so far. When you're done, you'll need a 1/537 scale Enterprise D for it to collide with! :D

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Fri May 27, 2016 1:52 pm

I could probable manage a 1/537 Ent-D warp nacelle at least :)

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Sat May 28, 2016 3:11 am

That would make a cool dio!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:58 pm

reviving the thread.

Here are the engines and nacelles for the Bozeman (the Saratoga build up will get the same treatment).

You can see here that I've fixed the leading edge of the pylon so it goes forward slightly at the front (down where it connects to the Warp engine). The AMT kit was vertical here.

The pylons were also made wider with a sheet of styrene so that I could replicate the vents that are missing on the AMT kit.

A pair of resin bussard grills replaces the incorrectly shaped kit ones. I think these are modified resin refit ones which I got from Federation models if memory serves. I have another pair for my Saratoga build, but if I build a stock Miranda class later, I'll need to get some more.

The last modification that needed to be done on the nacelles is on the upper surface of the nacelle between the front of the pylon and where the bussard grill starts (where the big blue glowing dome glues on). This should be a raised strip all the way back to the leading edge of the nacelle pylon. Definitely not how the unmodified kit has this area depicted.

More soon.

Andy

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:52 am

Finished the detailing here. Just on a side note, earlier in the thread I mentioned that the reference for the impulse crystal detail was from the Boseman. I need to correct myself here -ALL Miranda variants seem to have the same detail here (a spoke like flat area with single white LED in the middle). The kit detail is incorrect so I have fixed it on both the Bozeman, and on the Saratoga, build.

And a side on view.

Return to “Misc”