Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Work in progress, completed builds and general 1/350 related discussion.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Possible 350 Projects from Round 2

Post by zookman »

wouldnt 349 m be bigger than the refit where it should be about 3/4 the length of the refit .. i know the original D-7 is about 3/4 the size of the tos E .. havnt seen anything that actualy shows the somparison between the refit and the ktinga but would kinda expect it to be close since its probly an updated D-7 . much like the refit is a much updated tos E
pengbuzz
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by pengbuzz »

zookman wrote:wouldnt 349 m be bigger than the refit where it should be about 3/4 the length of the refit .. i know the original D-7 is about 3/4 the size of the tos E .. havnt seen anything that actualy shows the somparison between the refit and the ktinga but would kinda expect it to be close since its probly an updated D-7 . much like the refit is a much updated tos E

I think he said 249; this is why scale gives me migraines. As for the K'Tinga, yeah: I wish they had at least done an official scale reference between a refit and it.
Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Max Nex »

whatever kit they make it has to be for 50$ USD or less or it's just outside the budget and is just a flight of fantasy.
your proposal for a 39" kit is just sheer madness , I'm going to have enough trouble finding space for the 1/350 TMP "E"
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Max Nex wrote:whatever kit they make it has to be for 50$ USD or less or it's just outside the budget and is just a flight of fantasy.
your proposal for a 39" kit is just sheer madness , I'm going to have enough trouble finding space for the 1/350 TMP "E"
Are you sure?

The 1/350 TOS Enterprise kit is selling for around $120 on Amazon (with just one left in stock). That's not including all of the add on kits and lighting systems.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Moongrim wrote:
Max Nex wrote:whatever kit they make it has to be for 50$ USD or less or it's just outside the budget and is just a flight of fantasy.
Are you sure?

The 1/350 TOS Enterprise kit is selling for around $120 on Amazon (with just one left in stock). That's not including all of the add on kits and lighting systems.
The 1701 is special, no doubt about that. The 18 inch version is everyone's nostalgic favorite. It can demand prices no other Star Trek model can.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

The 1701 is special, no doubt about that. The 18 inch version is everyone's nostalgic favorite. It can demand prices no other Star Trek model can.

Maybe.
https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Botany ... ogPage.htm

https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Phoeni ... uePage.htm

Maybe not.

Here's one I lost out on ebay around $200
https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Declar ... uePage.htm
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Steam235
Captain USS December
Captain USS December

Post by Steam235 »

Moongrim wrote:The 1701 is special, no doubt about that. The 18 inch version is everyone's nostalgic favorite. It can demand prices no other Star Trek model can.

Maybe.
https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Botany ... ogPage.htm

https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Phoeni ... uePage.htm

Maybe not.

Here's one I lost out on ebay around $200
https://www.fantastic-plastic.com/Declar ... uePage.htm

I for one am grateful you lost that because of how much fun it was to watch you scratch build one :)
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

'Tis madness, m'lord, courting notions like this!

We're a lucky group of Trek geeks, my friends, let me tell you! We have 1/350 scale kits of three generations of Enterprise, plus two excellent Klingon ships....not to mention a couple aftermarket kits in this huge scale!

So.....what's next? I know that it's reasonable to suspect we may have gotten the last big kit we're going to get from a plastic company. If that's the case, so be it and I'll be content, but.....what if it's not?

What if we could get ONNEEE more? Which ship would you choose in 350 plastic?

I know it's a pipe dream, but I wish we could see the EXCELSIOR in 350 scale. I know it'd be massive. But realistically.....how expensive do you think it would be? I'd expect to see a price tag probably close to $300 for a kit that size....and I'd pay it, myself.

What kit would YOU like to see next, if the choice we was ours?
Father Cool
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Father Cool »

I would second the excelsior. It would be a natural lineage to the existing 1:350 ships and not so massive that it would be ridiculous.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

The Excelsior would be a monster and as stretched out as it is it would need an armature to keep from bending.

While the show was never a favorite, the Voyager would make an impressive 1/350. A Hero ship, and a worthy subject.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Return to “1/350”