Sort of roll call: Who's thinking of going?

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Sort of roll call: Who's thinking of going?

Post by Lonewolf »

And now I see that he's had to cancel.

I wish all of you safe travels. If this had been a year that Cydonia and I were attending, we'd have checked into the HoJo's Express this afternoon and would already be looking forward to seeing all of you.

May you all have safe travels and a wonderful weekend. I'm really sad not to be there this year, but I look forward to seeing you again in 2016!
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Yeah, I'm bummed that John won't be here, but lots of our folks won't be here either like yourself, RogueWolf, The Jimi, Griffworks, and many others. I'm still going to have fun though. Oh wait, .......I got here last night and already hung out in the RI suite until 0100. I guess I'm having fun already. :mrgreen:
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

Hoist a few in honor of those of us that can't make it, okay Del? Hopefully, more of us can be there next year.

I really wish I was there right now. It's difficult to stay away from the WF threads, because reading the stuff makes me more depressed.

I'm gonna go try to not glue myself to my workbench.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

The feeling I'm getting is that it's okay this year, but not the same. Sort of like when Coke changed the recipe and we didn't like it much, so they changed it back. This year's WonderFest is like that without all of you guys in attendance. However, I did meet with Kratok and El Gato last night, so there are some good points. ;)
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Perhaps some day I will be ahead of my own bills enough to show up...

heavy sigh...
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

I really wanted to go this year but i'm havinga baby shower today for my first grandson. No way outa that one.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Del wrote:The feeling I'm getting is that it's okay this year, but not the same. Sort of like when Coke changed the recipe and we didn't like it much, so they changed it back. This year's WonderFest is like that without all of you guys in attendance. However, I did meet with Kratok and El Gato last night, so there are some good points. ;)
The experience was different for me in that I hadn't been to WF since 2008. Of the forum people that I knew and had met before maybe they didn't remember me. This was a chance to touch base with folks like Scotchyn, Blappy, Lou Dalmaso, Ter-Or, Jim James, John Lester, etc. Then there were forum people whom I've gotten to know since 2008 but hadn't met in person like Del, Lakespeed and Kratok that it was a pleasure to finally meet. So for me it was all good.

Got my paws on new to me Star Trek kits from Del and The Delta Quadrant. One from Babylon 5 (the Omega Cruiser from FedMod). A lot kits from Battlestar Galactica.

The dealer's room was sort of a disappointment in that there were more figure vendors there and that's not my thing. Vendors like Pegasus and Moebius weren't there. There were few announcements of new kits, Star Trek or otherwise, from Round 2 and Revell so that was also a bummer. It didn't stop me from overspending though. :roll:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder »

So who is planning on going this year? Living an hour away from Louisville now I can finally make it.

Return to “Wonderfest 2015”