Battery Powered LEDs

LEDs, fiber optics, etc - everything needed to "Make it Glow"
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Battery Powered LEDs

Post by Del »

Hey bargain shoppers, don't forget this is the season to get battery powered strings of LEDs for your kits. Sure they won't be good for anything but static on/off lighting, but some kits just don't need flashing eye-candy. With holiday lights, you can still run fiber optics and get some practice on running wiring through a kit. You might see them discounted very soon too, so keep your eyes open.

Oh, and make sure they are clear. I picked up some that looked clear and weren't labeled, but when I put batteries in them they turned out to be yellow. Anybody know what I can do with a string of yellow lights? :?
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
FatherRob
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander
Location: Bargersville, Indiana, USA, NA, Sol III, Terran System

Re: Battery Powered LEDs

Post by FatherRob »

Del wrote:Anybody know what I can do with a string of yellow lights? :?
Do you remember the TNG episode where Riker used the 'Crimson Forcefield' (that would be "Samaritan Snare")? Well, you could give Riker a new trick. Replace the red bussards with yellow and give him the ability to use the '!!!!!!!! Off Forcefield'.

Yes, I think that would be a most satisfying way to relieve your needs... with regards to the yellow lights, that is.

Oh, and by the way, to do it right, you would need... FOUR LIGHTS.

Thank you, everyone... I'll be here all week.

Rob+
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

If you want a flicker the electric candles at Jo Ann's are an inexpensive option. The flicker is built into the LED. They are clear once removed from the candle housing.

These would be great for the look of the Klingon impulse engines in The Undiscovered Country.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del »

Thanks Tesral! Another great idea.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Retail sales of kits from Design Anomaly, Kessel Run Kits, NorthTrek Creations, Alternate Paradigms, and more!
LynnFrazier
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by LynnFrazier »

Del wrote:Hey bargain shoppers, don't forget this is the season to get battery powered strings of LEDs for your kits. Sure they won't be good for anything but static on/off lighting, but some kits just don't need flashing eye-candy. With holiday lights, you can still run fiber optics and get some practice on running wiring through a kit. You might see them discounted very soon too, so keep your eyes open.

Oh, and make sure they are clear. I picked up some that looked clear and weren't labeled, but when I put batteries in them they turned out to be yellow. Anybody know what I can do with a string of yellow lights? :?
Thanks for sharing information.. Can you please tell right source to get these lights? I have been searching for a while and I need good affordable lights.. Please help me..
Commodore Red
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Commodore Red »

Right now Walmart is carrying some 18 LED strands in multicolor, white, red, blue, green and yellow....they run on three AAs and they have a board that allows a constant light flashing and fade (a really slow blink) for around $4.....Im stocking up
warped one
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by warped one »

FatherRob wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm
Del wrote:Anybody know what I can do with a string of yellow lights? :?
Do you remember the TNG episode where Riker used the 'Crimson Forcefield' (that would be "Samaritan Snare")? Well, you could give Riker a new trick. Replace the red bussards with yellow and give him the ability to use the '!!!!!!!! Off Forcefield'.

Yes, I think that would be a most satisfying way to relieve your needs... with regards to the yellow lights, that is.

Oh, and by the way, to do it right, you would need... FOUR LIGHTS.

Thank you, everyone... I'll be here all week.

Rob+
You would need THREE LIGHTS1

Return to “Lighting”