La Galería del Gato

Anything Trek. Any Scale (specify).
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: La Galería del Gato

Post by el gato » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:20 am

2500 Gizmotron USS Excelsior, NX-2000. Currently decaling the NCC version.
2018-02-23 22.58.13.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:13 am

The USS Equinox. This is a 3D printed model with decals designed by me and printed by Justin Leighty. For those who are interested, I gave the artwork to the original Nova and the Nova refit (USS Rhode Island) MEATLOAFr. Contact him if you are interested.
2018-02-13 22.35.44.jpg
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:20 am

OK, let's leave for now the League of Saucers and Nacelles and move on. Up first are Xen's favorites. This is Gizmotron (now FedMod) 2500 RBoP. I bought this before PL announced the TOS Cadet set ut I built it afterwards. So I did it slightly different. I made this one with wings that are at a slightly larger angle from the body. This made it a "different" class.
2018-02-20 18.52.05.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:23 am

So this is the 2500 PL Cadet set RBoP. I decided to paint it using my special blend of TNGg green, again to make it "different." Don't ask me what went into the blend because 1) I lost the formula and 2) I ran out of it about 2 years ago :(
2018-02-20 18.51.20.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 am

Sticking with TOS Rommies, here is the MVM 2500 DragoHawk. I used grey primer with gull grey & stock decals
2018-02-20 18.50.30.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 am

This is my first attempt at the Rommie StrikeHawk, designed by Atolm. This was my stab at it, drawing it using limited views and no reference point to its "actual" size. Once I got orthos of it and redrew it, I decided to turn it into a "drone," with a backstory that the StrikeHawk was paired with a drone for a two pronged attack.

This was 3D printed. Once I got it, I sanded off the bridge module and replaced it with a spare part
2018-02-20 18.54.09.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:39 am

Once I had the orthos, I redrew the StrikeHawk so that it was closer to Atolm's design. Still had no clue about its size, so I eyeballed it:
2018-02-20 18.52.57.jpg
Alternate Paradigms contacted Atolm and got more views and the actual size of it. He drew and sized it to 2500 based on this information. I hate to say it but he did a better job, correcting several mistakes I had made. His is a much better model. For those who are interested in getting your own StrikeHawk, it will be offered soon. Stay tuned to MVM's website for the announcement

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:54 am

Lastly, for now, is the 2500 Gizmotron-later DQ-currently FedMod (I think) Nemesis RBoP, painted in my Rommie TNG green, when I had some
2018-02-26 22.52.59.jpg
Last edited by el gato on Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:05 am

Last Rommie for now. This is the 2500 OS Winged Defender, based on the old FASA design. I wanted to paint it with the wings of a majestic bird... but greenish. Most builds I had seen were brown-based colors. I used the color pattern of a tropical parrot. I'm happy with it, for the most part. The only regret is that you can't see the black windows.
2018-02-28 22.00.16.jpg

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:32 am

I have more Rommies in the hopper, they're just not done yet....

In the meantime, have some Cardie eye candy. Up first is the DQ 2500 Galor. I built it as part of Nick Sagan's "One day build challenge" over at SSM back in 2012. Well, ok, I tried to build it in a day. Ultimately I couldn't/didn't build it in a day

But this thing was a pure joy to put together. I enjoyed it so much I bought a second one, which to me at the time was unprecedented. This model was actually my second Cardie purchased (but first completed) because my first was built as a Keldon that I took forever to finish
2018-03-01 22.00.43.jpg

Return to “General Member Galleries”