1/2500 shelf display WIP

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Vger
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

1/2500 shelf display WIP

Post by Vger »

Thank to all y'all's inspirational posts in this forum.. it got me back to working on a few projects that were sitting on a shelf, so to speak.

With the 1/2500 EMT kits, i had put them together a couple years back - never painted them.. just went with the silhouette display look.

I kind of ruined that recently, picking up a couple of the scale compatible Eagle Moss models to round out my TOS/TNG era display. I then complicated things further, by picking up a few pretty much featureless 3d printed Shapeways models, that i in particular liked.

Bear in mind - i have not done significant modeling/painting type work, since i was.. oh, 10 years old. I'm now a lot closer to retirement, than 10 years old. I did what i could do, with basic masking, and a pointed tip brush .. some artistic licence taken, in following basic paint schemes/simplifications.. my paint skills are basically still stuck at 10 years old. Good enough to pass the 2 foot rule, sitting on a shelf.
20190421_180019[1].jpg
20190421_180054[1].jpg
Halgebra
Captain USS Rachel
Captain USS Rachel

Re: 1/2500 shelf display WIP

Post by Halgebra »

Creative use of lighting!
Vger
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by Vger »

kobayashimaru: No, nothing game related - nothing more than my personal flavor of interior decorating. I simply wanted to realize a display of Trek models, as per my interest in Star Trek from being a snot-nosed kid watching TOS re-runs in the early 70's, onward..

Halgebra_A6N: the lighting is indirect - the photo does not show the setup, but this shelf is set up right above my Computer desk, above a 32" monitor - on the back-side of that monitor, i have LED color-change back-lighting that reflects on the wall behind, and bounces up and through the glass shelf that the Trek models are placed on.. the background is a cheap, generic Star-scape 3 piece painting... which really works well with this, obviously.

I imagine the setup would be fairly inexpensive, and easy to recreate.
Halgebra
Captain USS Rachel
Captain USS Rachel

Post by Halgebra »

Sometimes the best ideas come from unintended, coincidental things. Serendipity, baby!
Vger
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by Vger »

Since my posts about this time last year, i put some of the models aside, as 'outside' time came around.

With our collective 'Stay at Home' these past few weeks, i had the time to try the Steady Hand for a bit more casual painting to make more of the unpainted models, better visual approximations. I'm more about a representational appearance, than actual painting accuracy.

I've still yet to do the -D and -E versions of the Enterprise, and have a Ptolemy Class, two Klingon D7's and a Romulan BOP to finish up the little Diorama.

Over the summer, i threw in an LED backlit LCARS panel to complete the theme-out..

It appeases the modelling teenager still remaining in me, anyway.
fefefe.jpg
TrekMD
Head of Starfleet Medical
Head of Starfleet Medical

Post by TrekMD »

Wow, that looks awesome! Great display!
Medicus ad astra, non laedant...
ProfArturo
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by ProfArturo »

Nice!
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

An impressive collection with an equally impressive display. Congratulations on a job well done.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “1/2500”