50x50=2500, 5 B5 (pic heavy)

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: 50x50=2500, 5 (pic heavy)

Post by el gato »

Contact marcnoonan. I believe he's got a Starfury in 2500
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Contact marcnoonan. I believe he's got a Starfury in 2500.
slawton wrote:
el gato wrote:There's a SeaQuest in 2500 out there?
I don't think he produces kits to a particular scale. But given that it is sized at 307m and is just a smidge longer than the Refit E, it looks right for the "Sacred Scale".
Thanks slawton!
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
marcnoonan
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by marcnoonan »

Nice find on the Seaquest DSV. I also have the Larson Predator ship and it does work out as 1/2500 as the shuttles (Predator 2) on either side of the nose work out to roughly 30m. I was hoping one day to make shuttle thirds to replace the cylinders on the model. If you like the genre the Konami Nostromo works out as 1/2500 and there's the Sulaco which is 1/2400. I've done the dropship in 1/2500 although I missed the rear fins and have the meshes for the Betty and Prometheus. I haven't been able to find a detailed one for the Engineers Derelict/Dreadnought but the one I have could be detailed up.

I have or have seen the meshes for every one of the printed ships you got and if they're not the size you'd like I'd just ask the "creator" to change the size for you. As long as it's going larger it's generally not an issue and it's so simple they don't even need a 3D programme to do scaling as it's all on the website. The 3 747's I have (one for Shuttle and one for F-302) are also pewter and I do need to replace them with some printed ones and also do a Concorde (UK).

I have Bergstroms Gunstar (8mm) and his Stargate F-302's and both are spot on for 1/2500, but after a lot of research, non of his others match for sacred scale unfortunately. To go with them I have the Alkesh, Tel'tak, Osiris Tel'tak and Destiny shuttles. Bergstrom is releasing some Orville models, but they are roughly 1/3300.

As for the AOG models I bought a lot and was disappointed with the quality, accuracy and scalings which I why I did every B5 fighter for myself and only the Vorlon transports work as 1/2500 and are in my collection.

If you like Zeppelins there's also the Revell 06700 Zeppelin LZ129 Hindenburg 1:2600 (Mini Kit) which dwarfs the Saturn 5.

Hope that helps and saves you some unnecessary purchases.

Marc
My Shapeways Shop
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/1/2500%2 ... e-products

Gallery
http://www.shapeways.com/designer/marcnoonan
If there's any model of anything you want that's not available anywhere.....send me a PM.
Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Jason Abbadon »

Very cool, thanks! After all the holiday madness, I'll hit you up for some B5 starfuries and whatever else I'm into just then!

The AoG stuff had one stellar thing- an "upgrades" set of cannons and tiny guns which worked great for Trek aliens or Star Wars ships.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

1-4. Classic Sci-Fi

Here's a picture of the 50's era Cosmostrator, C-57D, Polaris & Space Ark:
Oldies.jpg
They are painted either aluminum or steel (apparently the only color rockets/saucers/spaceships came in "back in the day")!

Cue the theremin for the sci-fi-y ethereal/eerie music!

Moved to another thread
Last edited by slawton on Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
Jason Abbadon
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Jason Abbadon »

When a thrust to fuel ratio is a factor, paint is a big luxury.
On many early NASA rockets, some of the paint would crack and shiver off anyway during ignition.

In sci fi, the Enterprise was probably a departure by being pearly white!
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 »

I found the Lindberg 1/300 USS Nautilus in a remaindered store; it includes a sub-launched rocket that looks, as one review says, like no missile ever used by the US military.
nautmissile.jpg
nautmissile.jpg (33.37 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
In measures about an inch and 3/8 (3.5 cm) from the tip of the probe to the back of the fin, which is where I'll trim the nozzle to. That puts it between the Polaris and the Ark in a "non-cannon" rocket fleet. Alas, that big tab is the launch rail, and it's molded as one piece. It looks a bit like War Rocket Ajax from the Flash Gordon movie the way it is. I'm thinking of cutting it along the opposite diagonal to make it a long fin (and a third point of support when sitting on its tail), if that doesn't look good, sand most of the length back close to the body like the fin of the Ark. I'd recommend it if you can find it for less than $10, or if you also want a twelve-inch tubular body that doesn't look much like the Nautilus for kit-bashing.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Something like a Regulus, except for the probe and the rear stabilizer.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton »

jkb-1 wrote:I found the Lindberg 1/300 USS Nautilus in a remaindered store; it includes a sub-launched rocket that looks, as one review says, like no missile ever used by the US military.
It reminds me of the old Nazi V-1. Also, it does resemble the more modern cruise missiles used in the military today. Although it would fit quite nicely in the classic sci-fi era of rockets & saucers!
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by jkb-1 »

Further digging through the stash and Deep Stash:
battlecraft.jpg
battlecraft.jpg (70.86 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
starblazersonline.com appears to still exist, I don't know if they're taking orders; their Battlecraft Sets provide shuttles and fighters about 2500th compared to the fighters included in the Gamilon carrier kit. (I've painted three of the Comet Empire battlecraft in Cardassian colors as non-canon Runabouts, but I can't find them... probably in the DS9 kit box, whichever stash that is in.)

The only B5 minis I ever found were on a clearance table: Minbari diplomatic flyers and Shadow fighters.

Finally, if you want to step away from Yamato and over to Gundam, the Principality of Zeon has a 1/2400 kit of the Gwazine.

Return to “1/2500”