Round 2 NX-01 Kit Review

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
STR
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: Round 2 NX-01 Kit Review

Post by STR »

Tesral wrote:
Hossfly72 wrote:I'm gonna have to find some of that stuff. I keep seeing references to it, but never saw it in person.
I had to buy it on line. It is good. A finer texture than Squadron white.
Don't forget, water soluble too. Thin it to the consistency of Elmer's and it'll fill in those gaps real good with minimal sanding. With a few drops of water and a toothpick, I've even revived a glob of dried putty I left out for a whole day. Took a while to smooth out the consistency, but it worked as good as fresh from the tube

Just don't try wetsanding. :D the water will revive what you leave in the gaps too. Primer or oil based basecoat recommended.
trek3159
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by trek3159 »

I broke down and got some after seeing a reference about it and it is great for filling in gaps, windows, "trenches", and the like. Makes me wonder why they didn't have this stuff around when I was a kid....50 years ago :lol:
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

I need to use it more effectively, but it is a good filler
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Well, since we are straying a little OT, I'll just add my two cents about PPP. I fill a resin syringe with it. Works great for applying it along seams. Any putty leftover I just leave in the syringe with the needle submerged in a shot glass filled with water. So long as you keep the needle tip in water the putty won't dry out in the syringe. You can use it like this for weeks on end without it drying out.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
trek3159
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by trek3159 »

Wow, neat idea. I'll have to try that! I never thought about thinning it, either...'nother good suggestion!

Return to “1/2500”