AMT "Ships of the Line" 1/2500 Reliant Review

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: AMT "Ships of the Line" 1/2500 Reliant Review

Post by Moongrim »

Port side view.
Macro 5 (800x450).jpg
Macro 8 (800x450).jpg
A starboard profile view.

Yeah- I finally found my camera's instructions manual on the net. I rediscovered what 'Macro" means.
Last edited by Moongrim on Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Macro 6 (800x450).jpg
And one more.
Adding pics I had to downsize them to less than 3000x3000 pixels.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Lee337
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by Lee337 »

I really like this and will be using it for my STAW games. I also found this one at my local store.
Attachments
IMG_20151117_141533.jpg
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

Lee337 wrote:I really like this and will be using it for my STAW games.
Please keep us updated if you go ahead with the addition of the SOTL ships in your games. :)
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Thanks for the review, Moon! I know this isn't your preferred scale. Glad you were willing to put on the optivisor for this :)
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

el gato wrote:Thanks for the review, Moon! I know this isn't your preferred scale. Glad you were willing to put on the optivisor for this :)
It seems to have sparked something in me.

I'm now doing up a set of Cadet Series Enterprises along with a Federation Models NX Enterprise and a Cozmo Industries Ringship Enterprise- all in Sacred Scale, which I intend to put all together on one stand.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Moongrim wrote:
el gato wrote:Thanks for the review, Moon! I know this isn't your preferred scale. Glad you were willing to put on the optivisor for this :)
It seems to have sparked something in me.

I'm now doing up a set of Cadet Series Enterprises along with a Federation Models NX Enterprise and a Cozmo Industries Ringship Enterprise- all in Sacred Scale, which I intend to put all together on one stand.
Welcome to Legion of Sacred Scale Modelers :borg2:

:)
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Well I have to admit there are no few kits available in 2500 that I'd have preferred being in a larger or much larger scale.
Half a loaf...
- J.L.Picard.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

As long as folks enjoy the hobby that's all that matters. Certainly there will be people sitting on the fence about what scale to choose or modelling in general. That's one reason why I think the pre-deco is good to have. The range can act as a stepping-stone or just something to satisfy the instant gratification many fans have.
Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Hossfly72 »

I picked up the Reliant yesterday. The fit is outstanding actually. I used some Proweld liquid glue and clamps on the saucer and some testors liquid glue on the nacelles. The seams disappeared perfectly and I have instant satisfaction and a great little display piece... Also shows better how to paint details on the one I was working on. Maybe I'll order decals for another registry and add an extra ship to the tiny fleet. I'll be on the lookout for more of these. They'd be great to get kids involved in the hobby also.

My shop also had the 1/1000 Enterprise and D-7 in stock. They looked great also. I imagine seams would be more visible on the larger and darker colored plastic though.
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.

Return to “1/2500”