Possible 2500 Projects from Round 2

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Possible 2500 Projects from Round 2

Post by el gato »

Anyone have any idea when R2 will announce the results of the poll?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

havent heard anything yet...hopefully soon
Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf »

I agree. I really like all of the resin kits I've been able to buy from GK companies, but the release of the styrene kits has opened new vistas for kitbashing for me. I have three or four planned builds that will be using components of the Reliant kit, and I don't have to sacrifice my resin kits for those projects now.
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!
Shark
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Shark »

I'm not really a fan of 1/2500 scale, only the TNG era ships (Galaxy class, Ambassador, etc.) are large enough for my tastes. I would really love to see an accurate Nebula class in styrene. I also woudn't mind an Akira class in styrene.
trek3159
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by trek3159 »

Shark wrote:I'm not really a fan of 1/2500 scale, only the TNG era ships (Galaxy class, Ambassador, etc.) are large enough for my tastes. I would really love to see an accurate Nebula class in styrene. I also woudn't mind an Akira class in styrene.

which version, a Phoenix style or a Farragut style? (or are you like me and want to see an accurate version of both)? :D
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

trek3159 wrote:
Shark wrote:I'm not really a fan of 1/2500 scale, only the TNG era ships (Galaxy class, Ambassador, etc.) are large enough for my tastes. I would really love to see an accurate Nebula class in styrene. I also woudn't mind an Akira class in styrene.

which version, a Phoenix style or a Farragut style? (or are you like me and want to see an accurate version of both)? :D
Or the Bonchune style which, to me, is what the Nebula class actually looks like. A styrene Nebula would be wonderful.

Just so long as it is the Bonchune. :D
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear »

Actually, if Round 2 did a Nebula kit I think there is a good chance they would include parts to build both Phoenix and Farragut. The question then should be if they would use the blunt workmanlike shape of the physical model or the sleek Galaxy-derived shape of the computer model. Personally, I think if you took the sleeker computer model and gave it Phoenix's sensor pod you would have a very sexy looking ship. Hmm... I think I'll add that to my "to do" list.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums
Resin-Modeller
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Resin-Modeller »

I think a Nebula would be viable as the Saucer for the Ent-D and Nacelles are already present.

They may do a 2 different twin TNG pack with maybe the Nebula and a smaller ship (Maybe an Oberth in one and a Miranda), but in either pack you'd have the Farragut type pod, or you'd have a Phoenix.

The thing that makes me think of different kits for different models is that the Miranda in the Cadet pack has numbers for parts that aren't on the sprue and aren't acknowledged in the build instructions, but with the one in the DS9 pack, the numbers have parts attached.
RESIN MODELLER

1/2500 and 1/1400 Scale Star Trek Modeller. New Models monthly.
Full listings can be found here and are dispatched across the globe!
shiftdel
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by shiftdel »

Not sure if this was already discussed here (it was in the 1/1000 scale forum), but seems that R2 is considering several interesting ships, as per this pool: https://www.collectormodel.com/round2-mo ... FQXIY.dpbs

3-ship pack with Excelsior, Oberth and KBoP, Nebula, Akira, and another 3-ship pack, with nx-01, Voyager and Constellation. Ah, and the "All Good Things" Enterprise D...

I would prefer the Excelsior ship pack, and the Nebula...
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Scotchyn »

yes, i suspect one or two of those will be out within in the next year

Return to “1/2500”