50x50=2500, 8 Light (pic heavy)

The place for all things related to the "sacred scale".
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: 50x50=2500, 8 Light (pic heavy)

Post by slawton » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Well I cut off the top of the wall from the Main Mission to the Commander's office and glued it to the superstructure (which will eventually be glued to the light panels above the Commander's office). I also started brush painting instruction-recommended cream (which appears "pinker" in person). The paint doesn't stay mixed and has been giving me problems going on. I'm thinking of just masking and painting over with a light gray.
Attachments
top.jpg
top.jpg (114.55 KiB) Viewed 190 times
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:06 pm

Shaka, when the walls rose??

The walls are going up! Here's the center span, Main Mission computer wall and Commander's office wall to corridor:
top_side.jpg
top_side.jpg (80.98 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Technically, there should be 2 small doors to the Commander's office, but I opted for just 1 larger one. I also added a portion of the door that could close the center span:
BothSides.jpg
I wanted to get a couple of low angle shots before I closed it in with the other walls. Funny how the different grays look in different lighting. I did not have light gray for the walls, so I used a darker gray (seems to have some blue in it) and lightened it with a misting of white. I left the cream on the boxes on the stair edges of the commander's office. I also Sharpie'd silver on the top edges of the stairs.

Introduction

slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:23 pm

The walls are closing in...
walls.jpg
walls.jpg (82.21 KiB) Viewed 56 times
I made some progress while watching football. 3 more walls have gone up (the last must wait until the balcony floor is finished) with some non-plastic attachments. It feels like its becoming "borgified" as I am building it up for 3 stories and spread out to include light chambers. From the underneath view, you can see I added some reflective aluminum foil (from a bag of popcorn) to keep light internally reflected inside the chamber.
Under.jpg
Under.jpg (103.18 KiB) Viewed 56 times

Introduction

Return to “1/2500”