Flexible LED filaments (video)

LEDs, fiber optics, etc - everything needed to "Make it Glow"
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Flexible LED filaments (video)

Post by Cubey Terra »

BoingBoing posted a link to this video about flexible LED filaments. This looks like it could be useful for internal lighting, though I'm not sure how one might supply 70 volts safely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_XiunR-cAQ

What makes these especially useful isn't so much the strips of micro LEDs, but the phosphorous sleeve around them that evens out the light.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Flexible LED filaments (video)

Post by Moongrim »

When applying 70 VDC, you could always put a voltage amplifier into the base of the model display. Mostly I'd say they'd be great for lighting warp engines along the length.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

kobayashimaru wrote:Great Find Cubey! (tangent: cub-ee, or cube-y for pronunciation?)
It's like "Q-B". :)
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

Moongrim wrote:When applying 70 VDC, you could always put a voltage amplifier into the base of the model display. Mostly I'd say they'd be great for lighting warp engines along the length.
Yup. Exactly what I was thinking. They would provide a nice even light without hotspots.

Return to “Lighting”