What next to produce from my collection...?

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.

What should I mold/cast next?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 am

Andromeda class
7%
Cheyenne class
No votes
Springfield class
No votes
Korolev class
43%
New Orleans class
13%
Stingray class
10%
Dunbar class
27%

Total votes: 30

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

What next to produce from my collection...?

Post by paul01 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:53 am

Over the years I've had numerous requests to kit my scratch builds. So I've created a selection. The most popular will be my next venture.
Here's what each ship looks like:
Andromeda class:
Cheyenne class:
http://s149.photobucket.com/user/pauly1 ... 20Ahwahnee
Springfield class:
Korolev class:
New Orleans class:
Stingray class:
Dunbar class:
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"

burwellian
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Re: What next to produce from my collection...?

Post by burwellian » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:07 pm

I've got both the Korolev and Andromeda on my dream fleet list, so either please! :)

Edit: Now I can see the photos, alas different Andromeda (the ASDB one). Dunbar looks awesome though, so would def take that or the Korolev.
1:1400 newbie.

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:25 am

Good GODS man let's get the Dunbar and the Korolev out into market! Yes please with warp plasma on top! :lol:

Your Springfield and New Orleans look good - great in fact - but the dollars-and-sense truth of it is, there are resin kits of these subjects already available, and most people in the States would PROBABLY hesitate to spend the overseas shipping costs to get an alternate. I can't speak for my European friends, but I imagine there might be similar issues. Ships like the Dunbar (a Voyager design 'almost') and the Korolev (non canon but awesome) are perfect possibles to go to market. They're original, not too large, and very well built.
That's just my two cents, having seen both sides of the garage business. I won't pretend to know everything about the market, but that's just advice from what I learned back when I was slingin' resin for a living.

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by paul01 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:54 am

All true, and whilst you're right about the Cheyenne, Springfield and New Orleans class kits - what sets mine apart from what's already out there, is that mine are the most accurate (as close to the filming miniatures), that you'll find... but hey, just means less I have to mold/cast in the long run, if there's not enough demand for them...
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:22 am

paul01 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:54 am
what sets mine apart from what's already out there, is that mine are the most accurate (as close to the filming miniatures), that you'll find...
Oh yeah definitely was not arguing against your quality one bit. I've drooled over your photobucket account for YEARS, remember. :lol:

The Korolev is very cool, and I'm sure I'm in for one....but if the Dunbar hits resin, I know 100% that I'll be on that like white on rice. (Except I eat brown rice....I'm so confused....)

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by paul01 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28 am

Like white on rice - lol, love that one 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Judging by the poll results so far, the Korolev looks like its out in front by miles...

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:45 pm

paul01 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28 am
Like white on rice - lol, love that one 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Judging by the poll results so far, the Korolev looks like its out in front by miles...
"I was unaware that a 2-vote lead constituted 'miles'..... "
😁😁

Seriously, I suspect both will do well. I'm glad to see I'm not the only fan of either of those designs. Korolev should do well.

Honestly if I knew you were doing both, I'd probably just order both at the same time to save shipping. I wouldn't mind paying for and waiting on one that was set aside, while you mold the other.

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:36 am

Can you tell us a little more about the Stingray class?

paul01
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by paul01 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:01 am

The Stingray Class was one of the rejected concept designs for Star Trek First Contact, by Alex Jaegar. Each of the two discs on the sides of the primary hull contain a phaser ring - designed to encompass a 360° firing range.

The discs themselves are articulated, meaning the orientation of each ring can maneuver to maximise this ship's targetting capabilities.

The combined primary and secondary hull is part of Starfleet's new approach towards starship hull geometry - in light of the Enterprise D's first encounter with the Borg at Sector J25.

This "minimal aspect" approach has become the basis of many starship designs found in the late 24th Century.

The name of the class, "Stingray" was given by Alex himself - I asked him....

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:28 pm

paul01 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:01 am
The Stingray Class was one of the rejected concept designs for Star Trek First Contact, by Alex Jaegar. Each of the two discs on the sides of the primary hull contain a phaser ring - designed to encompass a 360° firing range.

The discs themselves are articulated, meaning the orientation of each ring can maneuver to maximise this ship's targetting capabilities.

The combined primary and secondary hull is part of Starfleet's new approach towards starship hull geometry - in light of the Enterprise D's first encounter with the Borg at Sector J25.

This "minimal aspect" approach has become the basis of many starship designs found in the late 24th Century.

The name of the class, "Stingray" was given by Alex himself - I asked him....
VERY interesting, thanks for sharing!

Return to “1/1400”