D'Kora Class FMS Kreechta WIP

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
WarpNein
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: D'Kora Class FMS Kreechta WIP

Post by WarpNein »

SKO wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:19 am Thank you for the kind words. Now she's off to protect the trade routes, collect tolls for passage through Ferengi space, and seize contraband. It might be news to the ships in question that they are carrying contraband or that the Ferengi even have jurisdiction in that part of space but what can you do?
Run their blockades with a J-type 327 Nubian, of course.

Great job on the ship. Blessed Exchequer smile on her.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

Well, thanks to you, my wallet is a little lighter. :lol: But hey, the grand Ferengi alliance has never been properly represented in my collection, and the Grand Nagus made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

novahobbies wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:39 pm Well, thanks to you, my wallet is a little lighter. :lol: But hey, the grand Ferengi alliance has never been properly represented in my collection, and the Grand Nagus made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
I understand. My 1/1400 fleet felt incomplete without it so eventually I had to take matters into my own hands. It was worth the gold pressed latinum.

Just make sure you have enough putty
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Looks fantastic! Your build makes me jealous for one now.

I'm going to request one of these in 1/1000 in the not-too-distant future. What paint (manufacturer, color and stock code, por favor?) did you use for the base? I think it looks dead-on for screen accuracy!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

Griffworks wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:10 am Looks fantastic! Your build makes me jealous for one now.

I'm going to request one of these in 1/1000 in the not-too-distant future. What paint (manufacturer, color and stock code, por favor?) did you use for the base? I think it looks dead-on for screen accuracy!
Believe it or not it was a rattle can of Rustoleum Warm Caramel. I don't have an airbrush so mixing paints isn't an option and none of the Tamiya or Testors sprays my local hobby store seemed quite right. I looked at Walmart on a whim and it just seemed right. After you add a dull coat and a bit of a black wash it looks pretty close.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Hey, whatever works, right? I've used Rustoleum paints before. I used to swear by their primer, tho after a couple years they seem to have changed up the process or the formula - something! I started having problems. I had prolly used 150 or so cans of their primer, and for the first 120 or so cans, I only had a couple of problems, with most of those being my own fault. Then every other can started spitting about halfway thru, or even with two of them it was right off the bat.

Regardless, thanks for the info on the color. Warm Caramel it shall be! :D
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by SKO »

Griffworks wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:57 am Hey, whatever works, right? I've used Rustoleum paints before. I used to swear by their primer, tho after a couple years they seem to have changed up the process or the formula - something! I started having problems. I had prolly used 150 or so cans of their primer, and for the first 120 or so cans, I only had a couple of problems, with most of those being my own fault. Then every other can started spitting about halfway thru, or even with two of them it was right off the bat.

Regardless, thanks for the info on the color. Warm Caramel it shall be! :D
Yeah I have had the spitting problems, I always make sure to start my spray off to the side on cardboard or something until I am 100% sure it's spraying smooth and clean and then I paint the model. Most of the time I use Testor's primer and my base coats are almost always Tamiya. Like I said I just couldn't find anything that was just right for this so I gave the warm caramel a shot (after spraying about 5 or 6 pieces of scrap plastic just to make sure I liked it of course :lol: )
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

SKO wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:38 pm To be honest, Tesral, I looked at those shots of that model you posted and I had found those when I was googling for reference pics for this build and I don't even think that is the actual studio model so much as a fan's reproduction of a studio scale model.
Yes. I believe that is a masterful reproduction done by Richard Long.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “1/1400”