What's on your 1/1400 bench (or on deck for the next)??

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

What's on your 1/1400 bench (or on deck for the next)??

Post by novahobbies » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Now that I'm done with the 1/1400 scale Enterprise A, I'm thinking of the next projects to be done in the near future. I have my 1/1000 scale Ares to finish of course, but as for 1/1400 scale work......I want to keep going for movie-era ships! All of my stuff is packed away for a move, but once the move is done, I have a good selection to choose from. I think the next Movie era project is going to be a two-fer: I'll get a move on Del's Soyuz class ship, and finally finish (And MOLD!) my 1400 scale Knox class. After that, who knows! A 1/1400 Saratoga? A Federation Dreadnought? We'll see. All I know is that I've set myself a goal of finishing at least 4 more models in the next 8 months of 2018. May seem like a small amount, but when I factor in the move, some house reno, and a 4yo, it suddenly seems optimistic rather than low.

What about everyone else? What are your 1/1400 projects that you want to see finished before 2018 slips away?

burwellian
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Re: What's on your 1/1400 bench (or on deck for the next)??

Post by burwellian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:55 pm

Got a StarCraft USS Titan on the table at the moment. Plenty of other kits to the side for when this is made, so need to stop buying more for a bit!

As this is my first build since childhood, taking my time on this to make sure everything is in place, pick up good habits, etc. Haven't decided how I'm going to mount them on stands yet either, don't really want to drill holes in the bottom of the model, so considering cradle and/or magnet options. No rush though :)
1:1400 newbie.

littleyoda99
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by littleyoda99 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:26 pm

I am still currently building 2x the clear "D" kit....

ProfArturo

Post by ProfArturo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:43 pm

Just put an order into Federation Models for 1400 Enterprise A and B.

Of course, I need to finish my TOS Enterprise first!

Dr_Corsa
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi!

After successful moving just 700 Km along , I'm back on my Futue Enterprise D. Actually still painting this huge aztek on both saucer parts. It's still sooo much :shock: . But I like this project really much and I'm looking forward to get it done :). BTW still searching genuine (!!!) AMT Defiant decals sheets for it.

Next project? well there are sooo many 1400 scale kits here, like Rhode Island, Prometheus NX, Steamrunner, Kyushu, Buran, Princeton, Ahwahnee, Nemesis Dry dock, USS Sovereign for this one with atzek painting.

Also I have to finish my Akira and redecal my Norway. Then, to build all 5 Intrepid class ships (or maybe 6).

Last week I got 3 conversions kits from one German manufactor: for Siskos Saratoga and for USS Curry and Raging Queen: all in my favorite scale 1400. Need basic ships for this future projects..someday. Excactly like all TOS ships.....oh dear... Not so easy with a new house and family and job and another hobbys. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greeting,
Micha
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller

burwellian

Post by burwellian » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:41 pm

5 Intrepids? :o Okay, I feel slightly less bad now, with the Luna on the table along with an NX, NX Refit, Conny Refit, Ent-B, Ent-D, Rhode Island and Equinox on the side plus an Ent-E and Ent-C on the way... :lol:
1:1400 newbie.

andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:26 pm

I really want to finish my Enterprise B. I’m just painting the details and it’ll be ready for decals.

I also have an Akira in primer which I might finish this year.

Other 1/1400 projects on the bench are 2 Oberth class ships, a Nebula style USS Melbourne (the one with the two extra smaller warp engines), a Niagara class, and a New Orleans. I won’t finish any of them this year though :(

Andy

Dingbat

Post by Dingbat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:26 am

Oh man, where to start...
In 1400 I have:
Starcrafts Nova, Steamrunner, and Saber Classes all still in the boxes.
A Round 2 Sovereign, 2 clear Galaxies and another Ambassador(to be chopped up into an Apollo)
2 of the 3 piece Voyager sets
Oh...and I still have to finish the Ambassador that Im in the middle of.
Only question is which one next! Im thinking about one of the Voyager kits with a noncanon name and lights of course!

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:15 pm

Oh my, yes, I have a ton more than that waiting in the wings. I just know that only a very few will be done THIS year. :lol: We should start a topic in the general section called Closet of Shame or something.....list the model kits we have unbuilt. I don't know how many of us are ready to deal with that level of transparency, though. Especially in a forum our spouses could find!

I'm already starting to edit my list for 2018. Since the April SotL calendar is open to the beautiful Wasp/Hornet artwork, I've been sorely tempted to scratchbuild the Wasp in 1/1400. Ironically the most challenging part of that build for me would be modifying the engines to be LN-68 mod I warp nacelles. The body carving is no biggie.

Return to “1/1400”