Wolf 359 Frankenfleet...

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Re: Wolf 359 Frankenfleet...

Post by mophius » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Looks great, I am liking the extra shuttlebay and the deflector dish.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:30 pm

Gidiot wrote:U.S.S. Groening in the final stages of construction. Captain H. Simpson, Cmdr N. Flanders will take her out for her trial runs here fairly soon...

She still needs her decals and ventral phaser, but again considering I’ve never done any airbrushing before, I’m quite happy.
As you should be! That's a great start and some very bold color choices! It's nice to see some non-standard colors out there.....I imagine that SOME Starfleet chromagineers out on the fringe shipyards must get bored of the usual Federation colors and jump at the chance at doing something like this! :D
I also like seeing the "refit" Ambassador being done. Not too many of that particular version gets modeled compared to the Enterprise C. I've been guilty of that as well.....finally starting to name my ships non standard names these days. It's especially hard when it's an Enterprise model, tho.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:23 pm

novahobbies wrote:finally starting to name my ships non standard names these days. It's especially hard when it's an Enterprise model, tho.
The first time I tried to build kits I did them under the Enterprise name... I butchered them, badly.... I'm a little (if we talk in terms of the Universe) older, one hell of a lot more patient-ish.... and decided there are enough artist who are a lot more skilled that I am that have done the Face of Starfleet... So I've decided to have fun with it while honoring other Scifi and Pop culture references (not to mention the guys in my Fantasy Football League- Roscoe, Perkins, Freed and Godel- All kits based on TMP era FASA Kits, Thank you Crazy Eddie!). And I figure someone needs to fill in the rest of the Starfleet.

and here's a slight update on the Groening...
IMG_4144.jpg

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:42 pm

So it’s been a while since I made a post here I’ve been working on a few other non-modeling things at home. But I have broken ground now on the USS Macross! The USS bet he is still waiting to get her decals applied but her paint job is pretty much done. I have the USS Freed just waiting for hobby link to send me the basecoat I need they seem to be backordered so I’ve got a few things in the works ready to go!
image.jpg

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 am

Updated...
The USS Betty:
7781A32D-F3BD-4F1A-821C-214A28AE5C0E.jpeg
EE34F4FC-0C0A-4439-BDBF-98A571595CFC.jpeg
9A57EFA4-DFEC-4718-8532-DFC9A8410817.jpeg
And what is supposed to me the USS Macross, But currently looks more like the USS checkerboard:
CAAFDBEE-7AD2-4AD8-B66D-6609AE35B95B.jpeg

Return to “1/1400”