new reference shots of wolf 359 ships...

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: new reference shots of wolf 359 ships...

Post by Gidiot »

DefiantClient wrote:There's a side view that was released quite a few years ago. It looks like it was from the same set of pictures, but Sternbach must not have found it to release it with the new clearer pictures.

This one is actually in Mike Okuda's possession.... he gave it to Ex-astris Scientia's site about 10 years ago, he has not yet "dug" them out of his storage collection...
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

Gidiot wrote:I don't know how many have noticed this but Rich Sternbach has posted some images of the Chekov, Melbourne, Buran Cheyenne and Kyushu that he found.... https://www.facebook.com/rick.sternbach?fref=photo

He mentions that he has other views but they don't look as good or clean, but I have asked if he might consider posting / releasing them for reference for modelers and kitbashers! here's hoping...

I did notice that the "Pod" on the Chekov and the secondary warp nacelles on the Melbourne is actually the same! I thought that was kinda cool!
12417908_10153820414743398_723419650278627382_n.jpg
I don't know. The more I stare at this, the more I thing "Gundam Shield" with a couple plant on pieces and some quick and dirty pylon extensions.
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

anyone else notice the unusually high number of Transporter "emitter" do hickeys there is on the engineering hull of the Chekov? Looks like some from both the 1/1400 and the 1/2500 scale models.
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

So, small tidbit that may help with the Engineering hull of the Springfield class... the Bajoran Troop Transport... looks quite similar in many ways... I think they used the engineering pod from the Chekov to make the transport... but I could be wrong....

This is what the eaglemoss version looks like (which got my attention!)
CgkQGFNWYAAPfz9.jpg-large.jpeg
CgkQGFNWYAAPfz9.jpg-large.jpeg (56 KiB) Viewed 3960 times
Notice the "wings" and remove the "cockpit" and it look close... looks like some modifications on top of the Transport (bottom? of the Engineering hull - Chekov)....

I'll see if anyone knows for sure!
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this or not yet, the Kyushu's bridge is not the standard "Galaxy" class bridge...
Notice the difference in the bridge layout!
Notice the difference in the bridge layout!
01 Kyushu Bridge detail.jpg (58.72 KiB) Viewed 3296 times
WileyCoyote over at ResinIlluminati was showing his studio scale build and he pointed this out... ( https://michaelwileyart.com/2016/04/0...ild-up-part-1/ ) I thought that was a cool little find, it seems of the Wolf 359 ships it's the only one (not including the Firebrand or Princeton which seem to be of a different era of ships [based on paint and base hull configurations...]) to have a differing bridge.
paul01
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by paul01 »

Yeah, I read somewhere that they're custom built
"It's time to put an end to your 'trek' through the stars and make room for more worthy species"
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

It's still consistent with the size of the 1/1400 bridge and B/C deck from the big E-D kit, right?
Gidiot
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Gidiot »

it looks to be, the configuration is just different
01 Melbourne Dorsal.jpg
01 Melbourne Dorsal.jpg (66.06 KiB) Viewed 3289 times
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Ok, NOW I see the difference.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “1/1400”