Starcrafts D'kyr class Vulcan ringship (COMPLETED!)

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: Starcrafts D'kyr class Vulcan ringship

Post by novahobbies » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:16 pm

I'm not sure, but I wonder if it's possible to convince SC to scale his down and offer them as a set if JT Graphics doesn't do 'em. It's a pretty big model, even in 1/2500 scale, so it would be nice to see some offered.

I"ve been taking a few days to focus on real life, but I should have some time this weekend to put a couple-few decals on again. Slow but steady, slow but steady. I may actually just focus on practicing the nebula I want to paint for the stand. IF I can paint it the way it looks in my head, it should turn out pretty nice. But that's a mighty big IF.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:23 pm

Lovin' this model! Great work on it. The inner Ring looks awsome!!!

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:14 am

Thanks! This is temporarily on hold while I get through a few Very Bad Weeks at work, but I am hoping to get a little work done on it this weekend. Besides, waiting on new decals, since I had the WORST luck imaginable with the original decals. Partly my fault, partly my cat's fault. LOL

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:59 am

novahobbies wrote: Partly my fault, partly my cat's fault. LOL

If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer

Post by Del » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 am

el gato wrote:Thanks for the head's up. I wonder if the Bad Azz 2500 scale version of this ship comes with decals. It would make sense that they would given BA's affiliation with JT Graphics, but you never know
I have it, and sadly, it comes with no decals. :crying:
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:26 pm

:cry: Oh that is a reason to cry. :cry:

I wonder if Starcrafts would be willing to shrink theirs down, with the caveat that the modeler understands there may be fit issues and problems given that they were not made for the BA model
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:59 am

There was a gentleman on here a while back looking to kickstart a custom decal business. And now that I think about it I did contribute to him, he was up and running and I'm STILL waiting for my custom decals to show... :evil:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Drop_Bear
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Drop_Bear » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:01 am

I'm still waiting, too. Last I checked he still had to do decals and stencils for 59 backers.
"On the internet, no one knows you're a cat." - Intentional misquote of a popular adage.

My flikr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132558716@N02/albums

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:19 am

Egad, I think I missed the "steady" part of my slow-but-steady comment!! :shock: I think it's time to resurrect this ancient thread, since I finally pulled this beast back out tonight.

Since busy season at work is finally winding down, I've had some time to play with a few models. I've been more in a Star Wars kick than anything else, though, and I managed to put a Fine Molds X-wing, and Bandai Y and A-wing under my belt since May. I figured this weekend would be a good time to get back to a couple Trek kits. Hence, the D'kyr.

Remember those decals I ordered way back when? I've been sitting on them all this time, halfway hesitant to try them for frear of screwing them up. But I took the plunge tonight and.....

They work beautifully!

I'm so happy. I finished off the entire bottom of the hull tonight plus the rear and middle top half. All that's left is the optimistically numbered decal "4"........for those who don't have the panel decals, it's a single decal that covers almost 1/3 of the model surface. :lol: So yeah. Lots of cutting and pasting is going to happen tomorrow.

And pics! I promise you'll see some near-finished model pictures as well! Heheheh

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 pm

I look forwards towards your decals.

As I'm still awaiting mine own from said decal maker I mentioned.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “1/1400”