Section 31 JJPrise construction so far...

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Section 31 JJPrise construction so far...

Post by Moongrim »

Against the green background it does make for an interesting juxtaposition. Brings out the details.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

So, now that the deed is done I can tell you who got the model as a gift. I drove it up to Dennis from Starcrafts yesterday to hand deliver it. He thought he was just borrowing it for the Jersey fest show, he didn't know it was now his model. It's fun to surprise old friends. :D

Anway, while I was there he pulled out his lit 1/1000 scale Akira. We couldn't resist, we had to snap some pics of the two ships together. If anyone is going to Jersey fest this weekend, you'll be able to see both models in person at the Starcrafts table. Enjoy!
20150822_164847.jpg
20150822_164920.jpg
20150822_165022.jpg
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

Well, since it's done....here are some finished photos. Hope you enjoyed watching the build...I certainly enjoyed putting her together!
P8222508a.jpg
P8222510a.jpg
P8222511a.jpg
P8222512a.jpg
P8222514a.jpg
P8222518a.jpg
P8222523a.jpg
P8222525a.jpg
P8222530a.jpg
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Wowzers!
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

novahobbies wrote:I took a lot of pictures tonight against a green background. The rim lights are done (rim shots? Rim job???) and work exactly as I'd hoped. Here are a few of the cell phone pictures. I will probably take more tomorrow night...

Love these selections for your matte photo shots. Very TOS-inspired. Great job of blending the ship with the painted background too
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

Thank you for the kind comments! There are of course quite a few mistakes on this model, but thankfully most of them are easy to overlook.....and it was a great learning experience for me. I may wind up doing this model one more time on a commission basis, and if so, the second one will be even better. :D

El Gato, thanks for the comments about the angles! I didn't even realize I was doing it until you pointed it out. I was just going for the angles that I thought looked the best. I think I may have been subconsciously recreating some of those iconic TOS poses. They just make a decent model look so much better.
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

um...oops....how do you delete a post? :lol:
ashb1502
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by ashb1502 »

Love the look of your model. You've done a brilliant job. I'm thinking of buying this kit myself to go with my 1/1000 scale refit.
One question though, do you get the wallpaper decals with the kit, or purchased separately?
ashb1502
Candid Cadet
Candid Cadet

Post by ashb1502 »

Really like your model, done brilliant job. I'm thinking of buying one myself to go with my 1/1000 refit.
One question though, do the wallpaper decals come with the model, or were they puchased separately?
novahobbies
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by novahobbies »

The decals were separate. You can get them from Federation Models, just shoot him an email to check. I know for a while they were offered in TMP style colors (I used these) as well as standard grey tones.

Return to “1/1400”