WIP Apollo Class

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: WIP Apollo Class

Post by novahobbies » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:19 pm

so what sort of sensor/weapons pod are you thinking of putting up there? I've seen two main types, both are interesting...a perfectly saucer shaped one as an AWACS style, and a 2-part triangular one that has angled bits.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 am

novahobbies wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:19 pm
so what sort of sensor/weapons pod are you thinking of putting up there? I've seen two main types, both are interesting...a perfectly saucer shaped one as an AWACS style, and a 2-part triangular one that has angled bits.
I am a big fan of the two triangular sensor pod. I do hope that someone makes a mesh for it someday.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm

mophius wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 am
novahobbies wrote:
I am a big fan of the two triangular sensor pod. I do hope that someone makes a mesh for it someday.
that IS a cool one, and a mesh would be nice but honestly it's not that difficult a part to scratchbuild. If you haven't done any scratching before, that's a great piece to try your hand at!

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:13 am

novahobbies wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm
That IS a cool one, and a mesh would be nice but honestly it's not that difficult a part to scratchbuild. If you haven't done any scratching before, that's a great piece to try your hand at!
I do have the AWACS conversion from SSM shop. I think I would have to get another kit just so I had the secondary hull section to have a base for it.
I may have to try the scratch though just to see if I can do it.
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Jason902
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by Jason902 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 pm

novahobbies wrote:
Although I like both types of pods I think the saucer shaped one suits the ship better. Progress has slowed to a stall, I have a new work contract that is going to eat into my hobby time for the next 4 months. :(

novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by novahobbies » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Jason902 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:04 pm
Although I like both types of pods I think the saucer shaped one suits the ship better. Progress has slowed to a stall, I have a new work contract that is going to eat into my hobby time for the next 4 months. :(
Lord, I know that feeling. We're in season here, so basically nothing gets done during the week. This weekend was a great exception, got some good decalling time in.

I like both hulls, but I think for yours I agree....the round awacs is going to look very cool.

Return to “1/1400”