TMP fleet to be...

WiP, finished models and general 1/1400 chit chat.
novahobbies
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: TMP fleet to be...

Post by novahobbies » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:27 pm

yeah looks like a fair amt are a little on the small side, but still cool nonetheless. That should keep you busy for, what? A month? :lol:

I ordered the Abbe class torpedo hull and it printed pretty fast -- it's already shipped and should be here by Saturday. Honestly the Abbe should be sort of like the Nebula of its time. Seems like it would be easy to keep that hull with different mission specific modules for the pod. Easy to immediately imagine a shuttlebay launching and staging area, a sensor pod, and a couple different weapons packages.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 pm

novahobbies wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:27 pm

I ordered the Abbe class torpedo hull and it printed pretty fast -- it's already shipped and should be here by Saturday. Honestly the Abbe should be sort of like the Nebula of its time. Seems like it would be easy to keep that hull with different mission specific modules for the pod. Easy to immediately imagine a shuttlebay launching and staging area, a sensor pod, and a couple different weapons packages.
Yeah, I’m willing to share any file I have except for the ones I was given by Crazy Eddie, those you’d need to talk to him! (And his are freaking awesome so. I certainly would!!!).

burwellian
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG
Lighting Fast Lieutenant JG

Post by burwellian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Gidiot wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:40 pm
Yeah, I’m willing to share any file I have except for the ones I was given by Crazy Eddie, those you’d need to talk to him! (And his are freaking awesome so. I certainly would!!!).
Might just do so at some stage, when RL calms down a bit. Your fleet is looking awesome!
1:1400 newbie.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:58 pm

Gidiot wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:37 am
quite a few of them ( all federation ships too...) where printed more likely at 1:2500 scale... I guess my next batch will have to be slightly bigger.

B3F37BA3D.jpeg
I may have figured out how to "scale" correctly... Stupid no time to figure out how to do things right the first time :( )

So Getting Ready to print my version (or as close as my menial talents will allow) of the Baker (see the 1/1000 thread : https://allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php? ... ley#p56550 ) that Scott over at SRS Prototypes did for me... here she is next to a Connie Refit and the Miranda:
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.42.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.42.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.42.45 AM.png (88.05 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.42.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 10.42.38 AM.png (108.87 KiB) Viewed 559 times
She's still a little big, well, perhaps... I might reduce her a further 10-15% but it kinda depends on how I feel when I actually hit the print button... she's supposed to be a Destroyer, so smaller than the Cruiser...here she's roughly the Same size as the Miranda, so I know it's just me... but I kinda like her like this! I know in the Fast Manual she's listed at 301M... (4 short of the Refit)... but that makes her HUGE! I like Brad's 66% version... but looking here I'm thinking closer to 55-60% might be slightly better... Sound off let me know what you all think!

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 am

I like Brad's version as well. The saucer need ot be two decks at the edge so a touch smaller I think. The Baker is way to big in the FASA version.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am

I will agree with the saucer needs to be smaller but the nacelles need to be a little bigger if they are to be the standard Connie size
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.

Imgur
Shapeways Shop

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 am

mophius wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:42 am
I will agree with the saucer needs to be smaller but the nacelles need to be a little bigger if they are to be the standard Connie size
They do not need to be. Many engines made for many ships. You don't put the boilers from the Titanic in Suzy's tugboat.
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Gidiot » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:23 pm

The engines are smaller. They are a modified set from the costellation class.

slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by slawton » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:48 pm

Tesral wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:04 am
You don't put the boilers from the Titanic in Suzy's tugboat.
Yes you do! What kind of man are you to say such a thing?? Take it back!
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

Gidiot
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

The Feux Fleet... I mean Foe Fleet!

Post by Gidiot » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:21 am

I've started working on some of the Hero ships... (yeah I'm a Romulan at heart)... Although I'm experimenting with the Full decals on the Klingon D-7.... So I've got a Romulan B.O.P. (ENT Version...) a White Wind and Winged Defender for my Romulans, and a D4, D7 and a Renegade Warbird....

The Klingons...
IMG_5162.jpeg
The Romulans... You will notice I did not go the "Next Gen" green... I decided I want to go more Blue Grey as I don't want to have both foe fleets be greenish....
SO I decided to think about what they might have done if continuing the TOS B.O.P and V-11 Stormbird colorings.... I decided they'd go darker (trying to blend into the dark background of space and used a Medium Blue.... I like it...
IMG_5163.jpeg
I even developed some Winged Decals I'm going to try on the Defender and Whitewind...
Romulan Feathers.png
Trouble in the Klingon / Romulan Neutral Zone?

Work on the T'K'inga
Decals designed by Sirius Replicas, scaled and printed by me... ;)
IMG_5171.jpeg
IMG_5173.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_5044.jpeg
IMG_5044.jpeg

Return to “1/1400”