Post Wonderfest

Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Post Wonderfest

Post by Tesral »

Last run.

B9 Robot. They had a room full of them. This was is a suit, and exact replica of the one used. It is wearable by a short person that is not claustrophobic.
B9-1.JPG
Second B9, it does stuff and makes comments.
B9-2.JPG
A model of the LoS chariot. I believe studio scale.
Chariot1.JPG
Chariot2.JPG
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Late one here. A goggle drive link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TmQ5n ... dvGKWLN1n8

That will get you the pictures as taken. The file is a 12+ meg zip, be warned.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

OH! And the Booty.

That Assault Phaser mentioned. I like my props. It is going to take some work, but that is its own thread.

The Seven Enterprise set was courtesy of Starship Modeler for the reasonable price of $66.00. I would not have paid retail for get the NX, everything else in the kit I have multiples of. Sixty six? Yea, I'll do that for the NX and a bunch of kitbash fodder.

UGH was the recipient of the rest of the love. A Movie Era nacelle pack and a Phase II Enterprise round out the toys. One other thing the Guys at UGH thought a TOS era nacelle pack in 1/2500 was a great idea. Back me up on that. Tell them you want one too. They are two guys with limited time. Set their priorities.
booty.JPG
A few tools as well. My Wife found this little paint palette and I kind of fell for it, we got two. One for her, one for me.
pallete.JPG
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

I wonder if that Chariot can be driven. It looks like the chassis is from an old Kyosho Blizzard DX. It's certainly the older style Blizzard tracks.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Greyryder wrote:I wonder if that Chariot can be driven. It looks like the chassis is from an old Kyosho Blizzard DX. It's certainly the older style Blizzard tracks.

The chariot was built on the chassis of a 1965 Thiokol Snow Cat. It still exists and has been restored. Apparently it found its way to a ski resort ad was being used as what it was meant for minus most of the shell. They also had miniatures like the model at Wonderfesl
Greyryder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Greyryder »

Tesral wrote:
Greyryder wrote:I wonder if that Chariot can be driven. It looks like the chassis is from an old Kyosho Blizzard DX. It's certainly the older style Blizzard tracks.

The chariot was built on the chassis of a 1965 Thiokol Snow Cat. It still exists and has been restored. Apparently it found its way to a ski resort ad was being used as what it was meant for minus most of the shell. They also had miniatures like the model at Wonderfesl
Yeah, but that model in your photos looks like it might be built on the chassis of a specific radio control snowcat; the old Blizzard DX, from Kyosho. The chassis tub looks similar, but I'm not seeing the tensioning springs for the drive sprockets. I've got a Blizzard EV, and the tracks are identical.
MSgtUSAFRet
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by MSgtUSAFRet »

Thanks for showing the pics, Tesral! This looks like it was a good show!

Steve
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Greyryder wrote:
Yeah, but that model in your photos looks like it might be built on the chassis of a specific radio control snowcat; the old Blizzard DX, from Kyosho. The chassis tub looks similar, but I'm not seeing the tensioning springs for the drive sprockets. I've got a Blizzard EV, and the tracks are identical.
AH! I didn't speak to the builder. Could be Rabbit, could be.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:Thanks for showing the pics, Tesral! This looks like it was a good show!

Steve
We had fun, Emphasis on the we. My Wife is taking about next year and holding a room party as well.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

MSgtUSAFRet wrote:Thanks for showing the pics, Tesral! This looks like it was a good show!
WonderFest is always a good show. Best and most important part for me is seeing friends and meeting new folks from the forums and FB Groups. There are always a number of unofficial “hospitality” rooms, usually with some affiliation to a forum or FB Group. They often start Thursday night, and run thru to Sunday night, tho of course generally shut down during the day. This is a great way to meet folks and hang out for a bit, tho some of the rooms get crowded pretty quickly, so it can be a little hard to have a one-on-one - tho always easier than anywhere else in the hotel during the show, such as the hallways filled with guests.

There are also adult libation on-hand in many of the suites that are set up. For instance, the Resin Illuminati Suite often has a selection of beers, wines, malt coolers, and various hard liquors, as well as water and soft drinks. Always best to ask first if you’re new, tho it’s doubtful anyone will say “no”.

I always HIGHLY recommend you attend WonderFest at least once. You’ll never NOT want to make it again, ‘cause you’ll be hooked!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Return to “Wonderfest 2018”