Any News?

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Any News?

Post by el gato » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:01 pm

For those who are there, what kit announcements were made?
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

User avatar
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Any News?

Post by Del » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:20 am

The announcement is that we've been partying so much we're exhausted now, and it's almost time to drive home. But since I was working a table anyway, I have no idea what was really announced.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 am
Location: Limestone, TN

Re: Any News?

Post by Scotchyn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:19 am

The only thing new that i know of is a 6 kit 2500 set of all the Enterprise's w/a new mold NX...all the others in the set are previous releases...if i had my guess it will be like the defiant, released originally w/DS9, then getting a spot in its own set, but thats just a guess

User avatar
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Posts: 4943
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 pm
Location: West of Eugene Oregon.

Re: Any News?

Post by Moongrim » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Scotchyn wrote:The only thing new that i know of is a 6 kit 2500 set of all the Enterprise's w/a new mold NX...all the others in the set are previous releases...if i had my guess it will be like the defiant, released originally w/DS9, then getting a spot in its own set, but thats just a guess
That sounds intriguing, if not limited.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

User avatar
slawton
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm
Location: Space Coast, FL

Re: Any News?

Post by slawton » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:12 pm

6? NX, TOS, Refit/A, B, C, D & E totals 7 - do you know which is omitted? Any idea on release timeframe?
I'm a modeler, not a doctor...

Introduction
Galleries: Member, Comparison, Fleet, Action, Manufacturer

User avatar
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Any News?

Post by Del » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Scotchyn wrote:The only thing new that i know of is a 6 kit 2500 set of all the Enterprise's w/a new mold NX...all the others in the set are previous releases...if i had my guess it will be like the defiant, released originally w/DS9, then getting a spot in its own set, but thats just a guess
Hmmm, my table was next to Round 2 and I spoke with Jamie off-and-on all weekend. Can't believe he never mentioned this set. He did tell me that he hasn't given up on the Voyager, but it was just side-lined for another kit that the company wants, and he thinks everyone will be very excited about it, and that a 2500 Voyager set may still come after this new project gets completed. He couldn't say what this new kit project was just yet though.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Any News?

Post by el gato » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Scotchyn wrote:The only thing new that i know of is a 6 kit 2500 set of all the Enterprise's w/a new mold NX...all the others in the set are previous releases...if i had my guess it will be like the defiant, released originally w/DS9, then getting a spot in its own set, but thats just a guess
Something doesn't add up, as slawton pointed out there are 7 ships named Enterprise. I'm wondering if they're lumping the smaller ships together (NX, TOS, A, & B). That leaves the boxed set 2 kits short. Throwing in the Defiant wouldn't make sense because a) they wouldn't want to cannibalize sales of the DS9 set and b) it's not the Enterprise.
Del wrote:Hmmm, my table was next to Round 2 and I spoke with Jamie off-and-on all weekend. Can't believe he never mentioned this set. He did tell me that he hasn't given up on the Voyager, but it was just side-lined for another kit that the company wants, and he thinks everyone will be very excited about it, and that a 2500 Voyager set may still come after this new project gets completed. He couldn't say what this new kit project was just yet though.
The Akira maybe? This is assuming a 2500 scale offering. If it's some other scale, then who knows. Maybe a 350 K'Tinga :lol:
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain
Posts: 819
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 am
Location: Limestone, TN

Re: Any News?

Post by Scotchyn » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:12 pm

oops i cant count, im from Tennessee ya know......

User avatar
Del
Starship Engineer
Starship Engineer
Posts: 2075
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Any News?

Post by Del » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 pm

el gato wrote:
Del wrote:Hmmm, my table was next to Round 2 and I spoke with Jamie off-and-on all weekend. Can't believe he never mentioned this set. He did tell me that he hasn't given up on the Voyager, but it was just side-lined for another kit that the company wants, and he thinks everyone will be very excited about it, and that a 2500 Voyager set may still come after this new project gets completed. He couldn't say what this new kit project was just yet though.
The Akira maybe? This is assuming a 2500 scale offering. If it's some other scale, then who knows. Maybe a 350 K'Tinga :lol:
I really have no idea. Jamie was being tight-lipped about the subject, so I'm not sure about what it is, or what scale.
Multi-Verse Models - http://www.mvmodels.biz or find me on Facebook
Producing kits previously sold thru Ravenstar, Novahobbies, Fantastic Plastic, NorthTrek Creations, and more!

User avatar
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Posts: 5925
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: In a land whose boundaries are that of imagination

Re: Any News?

Post by el gato » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Scotchyn wrote:oops i cant count, im from Tennessee ya know......
So what does that mean, that it's a 4-ship set or a 5-ship set? ;)
Del wrote:I really have no idea. Jamie was being tight-lipped about the subject, so I'm not sure about what it is, or what scale.
No, no, a reasonable, fact-based answer?? That is simply not allowed! You *must* speculate. :P
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Locked

Return to “Wonderfest 2016 (closed)”