USS Bozeman - Cause and Effect

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: USS Bozeman - Cause and Effect

Post by andyh »

Yeah, they could be whatever anyone chooses them to be in light of the limited reference pictures of this area. :)

Andy
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

I went to https://movie-screencaps.com/star-trek- ... ?strip=all

From what I can do with my craptacular work computer, is just blow up an image. I'm getting two rectangles, copperish in the dark lighting. And MAYBE a circle within the center of each rectangle.

I'd like to lighten up the image. Maybe invert the colours to see if we can make out more details.

Otherwise, I'm pulling out the DVD and getting the bottom shot when she first flies by.

But right now, because I'm not seeing the spherical PHASER bits, and there's no shadow to confirm it being there, I'm tentatively onside with them being NOT being PHASERS.
holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by holt35 »

Yeah they can be whatever the builder really wants, for all we know they aren't Phasers or RCS Thrusters but just some random detail they put on. :doh: With all the pictures that were taken when it went to auction I can't believe no one got a good picture of that area, kind of sucks!
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

miranda1a.JPG
miranda1a.JPG (108.03 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
I dunno, but it seems evident that they're not RCS thrusters, not with perfectly round circles smack in the middle of each of the yellow-orange squares with red outlines. The only place we've seen something similar is on the Refit above the shuttlebay, or on the bottom of the secondary hull - all single mount phaser emitters.

Then to really throw ya'll for a ride, Whattaya think of these...?
r1dge0.jpg
r1dge0.jpg (39.94 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
r1dje8.jpg
r1dje8.jpg (44.64 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
r1dk4x.jpg
r1dk4x.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Looks like more phaser emitters on the rollbar "pontoons". I think that the rectangles were mis-placed, as this appears to be at some sort of Trek display, maybe even an auction. IIRC, the original Reliant studio model had those "phaser emitter" lookin' areas colored in with the same markings as phasers.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Here's another interesting image I found in my reference files from ST:TWoK.
GMirPhaser2.jpg
GMirPhaser2.jpg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
Look at where the phaser beam is coming from. That's not coming from the MEGA!phaser emitter, but instead looks like it's coming from the upper outboard surface of the "pontoon".
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
holt35
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by holt35 »

I'm sure that's just a FX mistake and they were supposed to shot from the front. I do have to say though I don't see circles in that picture they in fact look like squares to my eye's more then circles.

There's also this picture which proves the aren't Phasers, No bumps on them!
st2-twok-dc-0310.jpg
st2-twok-dc-0310.jpg (103.11 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
I see the razed plates but no bumps which is also how Round 2 did it on the 1/1000 scale kit.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

I disagree because you're not seeing the full area. But have fun with it.

My Flickr Albums
Tailgunner
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Tailgunner »

patrickivan wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:05 pm
Maybe a new thread for this? don't want to hijack this one.
No worries from me. I'm enjoying the discussion. For the record, I always thought they were phaser banks as well.

Having time constraints at home this week and haven't gotten much done. I did recreate the vents on the underside behind the faux reversed impulse hole thing. And, the MVM Bozeman conversion kit came in.

After looking at some more pictures i have also found that some of the detail I had done already wasn't accurate. Mainly those rounded panels I cut out. Looking at Andyh's 1/537 thread led me to scrutinize screencaps more and I've come to the same conclusion as he did that it looks like a round pipe splitting the area instead of a separate panel. So I will be redoing that as well.

I'll have a couple pics later tonight but hope for much more later in the week as I finish up the bottom of the kit.

Thanks for all the encouragement and comments guys. It's appreciated!

Dan
andyh
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by andyh »

I can’t take the credit for the pipe completely, that’s what Don Shonko has on his 1/350 scale Reliant kit. I suspected the piping, and seeing as Don did as well, I went with it.

Addit. I'd leave the sheet detail you have put, and just add some rod along the edge though.

Andy
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

Great work! Such attention to detail. Loving this! :bow:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Return to “1/1000”