D-11 One-Wing Destroyer, IKS 'Etlh tIq

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Re: D-11 One-Wing Destroyer, IKS 'Etlh tIq

Post by Tesral »

andyh wrote:
Tesral wrote:I've always pitied hairless cats.
I pity hairless apes, oh, hang on......

But seriously, this is one strange design. Just like the asymmetrical WW2 German planes, I don't think this would have taken off for the Klingons and was just in a design phase. I can't believe they would actually build more than just a prototype before giving up on the idea :)

Andy
It was the Blohm & Voss BV 141. And it didn't enter production due to war complications and competition..
BV_141.jpg
BV_141.jpg (52.9 KiB) Viewed 567 times
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
dJiPi
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by dJiPi »

True, but I can imagine Klingons being under pressure due to some border war (with Romulans ?) and producing these one -wing birds due to attrition, why not ?
dJiPi the froggy
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

IIRC, that was part of the back story in the FASA books. The shipwright contractor was under pressure to finish the design by deadline or forfeit his life. So, he called it complete! Guess their computers weren't nimble enough to allow for "copy and flip image" when he had it only halfway done.... :D

I don't mind, tho! I've thought it a pretty kewel design for something like 35 years now! 8-)
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums
Tesral
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Tesral »

Griffworks wrote:IIRC, that was part of the back story in the FASA books. The shipwright contractor was under pressure to finish the design by deadline or forfeit his life. So, he called it complete! Guess their computers weren't nimble enough to allow for "copy and flip image" when he had it only halfway done.... :D
Why are these rooms upside down?
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.
"I saw it done on Voyager" is no excuse for anything, even breathing.
Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks »

Sorry, should've said "Copy and mirror". I know that's an option with many CAD programs - my daughter is taking CAD classes. Plus, I have several friends who do CAD designing. Pretty handy tool, they tell me!
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Return to “1/1000”