IKS Gr'oth

WIP, finished kits and other 1/1000 discussion.
Scotchyn
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: IKS Gr'oth

Post by Scotchyn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:31 pm

yes, looking good!!!

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:50 pm

Thanks fellas! I've taken a couple of other pics with a squadron of 3 ships, with Gr'oth being one. I'll load them a bit later.
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:59 am

Three ship squadron. This consists of my uprated Goz'r - what I'm calling a D-8A, because it has different, larger nacelles, various extra disrupter emplacements, additional single-shot (takes several seconds to reload each tube) forward facing photorp tubes, extra thick hull plates, an aft photorp tube, and heavy forward firing disrupters.

The Gr'oth is, of course, a part of the squadron. And a D-7M K'T'Inga-class.
Groth020.JPG
Groth021.JPG
Groth022.JPG
Detail painting to come up next....
“And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.“

My Flickr Albums

Griffworks
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by Griffworks » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Resurrecting yet another thread from the dead!

I found a few pics that I hadn't posted online anywhere before, so thought I'd share.
Groth023.JPG
Groth024.JPG
Seen here with the Miscellaneous Models D-10 Heavy Cruiser, available at Federation Models. The D-10 is a FASA design, the Riskadh-class, from that old gaming system from the mid-1980's.
Groth025.JPG
Groth026.JPG
Groth027.JPG
Here in formation with the aforementioned D-10, as well as a D-11 One-Wing Destroyer, another FASA design. This is the old Starship Modeler Kit Factory (I think?) kit, which is unfortunately OOP. UGH! Models owns the masters and has procured permission to do another possible run of the kit. Time will tell, tho, if we'll ever see another run of this one. I'd love to get my hands on another one, regardless, as I want to do this, a D-10, and a D-18 with hull plating reminiscent of the TMP Era K'T'Inga's.
Groth028.JPG
Next to the G'ozr.

Now we have G'roth with a K-22 B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey scout - the kit from Federation Models. I've also detail painted the panels and other areas, tho never got around to taking pics. I'm planning a photoshoot sometime this week and will share those, as well.

Attachments
Groth029.JPG

My Flickr Albums

Return to “1/1000”