Cubey Terra's captured D7, USS Anger - DONE

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Re: Cubey Terra's Klingon D7 with a twist 1:1000 scale

Post by Moongrim »

Of course every Klingon capable of breathing would feel that a recapture of said ship would be a major prize for their personal 'honor'.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

Since I don't have time to properly weather this model, I'm going to submit my USS Anger D7 cruiser as "done". I had a lot of fun putting this together and coming up with Starfleet decals that would work. I'm pretty happy with it, and it's now on my desk for all to admire and roll their eyes. :D
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: Cubey Terra's captured D7, USS Anger - DONE

Post by NCC1966 »

It's really cool and I have to make a similar one of these days. I don't get tired of look at her. Probably mine will be a BoP though.

:D

Unfortunately we all KNOW that in the ST timeline the Federation never has captured one of these beauties otherwise the cloaking capability already would be a standard feature of all newer ships. Wouldn't it be cool?

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.
Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien »

Great build, Cubey... I'll add your name to the list of those who finished... :)
The Belgian Builder
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

NCC1966 wrote:It's really cool and I have to make a similar one of these days. I don't get tired of look at her. Probably mine will be a BoP though.
Thanks, and good idea. :)
Unfortunately we all KNOW that in the ST timeline the Federation never has captured one of these beauties otherwise the cloaking capability already would be a standard feature of all newer ships. Wouldn't it be cool?
According to ST canon, Kirk himself stole cloaking tech from the Romulans, and Scotty successfully cloaked the Enterprise. The reason starships aren't equipped with cloaking tech is because it was one of the concessions made in the Treaty of Algeron between the Federation and the Romulans.

So if Starfleet captured a Klingon vessel, they couldn't use the cloaking tech without starting a new war with the Romulans.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Cubey Terra wrote:
According to ST canon, Kirk himself stole cloaking tech from the Romulans, and Scotty successfully cloaked the Enterprise. The reason starships aren't equipped with cloaking tech is because it was one of the concessions made in the Treaty of Algeron between the Federation and the Romulans.

So if Starfleet captured a Klingon vessel, they couldn't use the cloaking tech without starting a new war with the Romulans.
I wasn't aware of it! Thanks for clarification!

:)

If the Romulans had a clue about how much the Earth Federation crap in the pants because them they never had signed any treaty!

:lol:
Thanks,

Yan.
DefiantClient
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by DefiantClient »

The Treaty of Algeron was ridiculous. Romulans can't develop warp drive (assumed to be antimatter powered warp drive) and the Federation can't research cloaking. Then the Romulans developed black hole warp drive...

Using that logic, Captain/Admiral Pressman was in the right to develop the phase cloak because it more than likely used a different power source to make a ship able to phase through matter harmlessly, along with making it cloak. :roll:
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

DefiantClient wrote:The Treaty of Algeron was ridiculous. Romulans can't develop warp drive (assumed to be antimatter powered warp drive) and the Federation can't research cloaking. Then the Romulans developed black hole warp drive...

Using that logic, Captain/Admiral Pressman was in the right to develop the phase cloak because it more than likely used a different power source to make a ship able to phase through matter harmlessly, along with making it cloak. :roll:
Yes, but "have the right" is not the point here. As I said the Federation crap in the pants because the Romulans. So this treaty is nothing but a big Federation bogus. Watching all episodes about Romulans it gets very clear to me that the Federation has not the minimum conditions of face Romulans in a conflict (even with the support of other militarized coleagues such as Klingons, etc) because if they did that the Romulans would kick their asses easily. But the Romuland doesn't know that; so the Federation "pretend" to have a lot of strength and just keep this stupid treaty because there is nothing else they can do.

Now imagine if the Federation decide to exercise their "right" of develop a cloak system because the Romulan black hole warp. It may !!!!!!!! the Romulans off and cause a war. And the Federation do NOT want that because they don't have the groins for that.

- OR -

The Romulans aren't that powerful but the Federation also doesn't know that (and in this case is better not try). Perhaps they both are just in a kind of "balance of terror" like it used to be in the cold war era.

:?
Thanks,

Yan.
Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra »

Moongrim wrote:Of course every Klingon capable of breathing would feel that a recapture of said ship would be a major prize for their personal 'honor'.
The big starfleet insignia on the bow is especially a slap in the face. :) Ha! We took your ship intact. You going to come over here and try something? We'll take your ship too. :P
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Cubey Terra wrote:
Moongrim wrote:Of course every Klingon capable of breathing would feel that a recapture of said ship would be a major prize for their personal 'honor'.
The big starfleet insignia on the bow is especially a slap in the face. :) Ha! We took your ship intact. You going to come over here and try something? We'll take your ship too. :P
Yeah guys, come and get it...it's just sitting out here all alone and unattended...

I think one of the biggest reasons why the Romulans never attacked the Federation was: The Klingon Empire. If the Romulans attacked, that would leave their common border with the Klingons vulnerable....And all too soon, they'd be fighting a war on two fronts- one of the surest ways to be defeated.
And the same with the Klingons and the Federation.

Detente.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”