Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Fan Organized "Just For Fun" Group Build.
Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale (Finished ... for now)

Post by Kremin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:12 am

"Scout Columbia NCC six two one to rendezvous with Scout Revere NCC five nine five on stardate seven four one one point four. Further orders to be relayed at that time. Signed, Commodore Probert, Starfleet. End of transmission."

This line of background chatter briefly used in TMP almost started a geek overload and had many of us reaching for Franz Joseph's technical manual turning a pre-internet world into an adventure in the 23rd century. If you weren't there sorry you missed out on some fun. The first consoles and computers, begining of home video and loads of other stuff like playing outdoors without a health and safety risk assement.

I digress, Franz Joseph's book identified the USS Revere as a Hermes class scout, a single nacelled starship smaller than the Constitution class cruisers but built to a similar design

This is what I plan on building

I have some back story and design decisions but I will tell you more about that when I get to a Computer rather than on a tablet
Last edited by Kremin on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: Kremin's big build USS Revere NCC - 595 1/350 Scale

Post by Kremin » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:09 am

The 10th of the Hermes class Launched late in 2247 and saw action During the four years war

The Hermes class and similar classes suffered from a couple of design issues, the navigational deflector used a curved wave guide to re-direct particle flow to the emitter from the base of the hull this proved to be prone to malfunction. The lack of shuttle capacity was a hinderance to survey missions

After the war was over Starfleet didn't have the resources to scrap the ships and build new ones so they commissioned several shipyards to come up with their own designs to overcome the shortfalls

Option 1 involved installing the deflector in lower part of the primary hull and the shuttle bay behind the teardrop with the doors above the impulse deck

Option 2 Involved installing the deflector in the front of the primary hull but the shuttle bay below the hull incorperated into the Pylon feeding the Nacelle with rearward doors below the impulse engines

both were tried out in vessels and worked but were unpopular with shuttle crew flying so close to the impulse drive

Option 3 was to fit a small secondary hull above the main hull attached above the impulse deck, more expensive than the others it was a prefered option. A recent development in shuttle technology brought the Lewis class heavy shuttle into use, much larger than the standard shuttle with better capacity and range it was perfect to add to the Scout to allow large survey teams to act autonomously to the ship

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Proof of start

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Post by Moongrim » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:56 pm

I look forward towards seeing the final product. A Hermes class refitted to overcome the design limitations of the original.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 pm

deciding on what to make the module out of, it will be smaller then the original secondary hull (shown for size)

leaning towards the UFO as it already has a landing bay that fits my super shuttle very well and is able to be detailed

trekriffic
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by trekriffic » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Is that Lewis class heavy shuttle something you came up with or is it "canon"? I was thinking of referencing a class of large heavy reconnaisance shuttles when describing the need for the larger aft hangar bay in the design for my own super dreadnaught build.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:17 pm

The Lewis class shuttle was designed and built by Dave Lewis from resin Illuminati who then had Blap models mould and market them I see it as a TOS Runabout or similar but not canon

I think he is working on a larger scale one

Kremin
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Kremin » Sat May 28, 2016 4:49 pm

Starting on shuttlebay

Gave it a coat of paint and a bit of dry brushing

Moongrim

Post by Moongrim » Sat May 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Well one has to admit that the UFO/Leif Erricson ship had a definitive shuttle bay.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:45 am

Great idea ! Love that shuttle bay !

Return to “2016 Group Build (Closed)”