Page 6 of 6

Re: ONX-01 - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:42 pm
by kobayashimaru
I can't resist a TNG quote ripe for the meme-ing;
"Are you aware your di-lithium crystals are about to fracture?!" --- scotty, Relics.
:ugeek: :lol:

I digress,
these look so shiny and treknological (ST:DS9 and ST:Voy influences?),
that its distinctiveness may be added to the collectives' own...
:borg2:

Re: ONX-01 - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:09 am
by Serin019
kobayashimaru wrote:I can't resist a TNG quote ripe for the meme-ing;
"Are you aware your di-lithium crystals are about to fracture?!" --- scotty, Relics.
:ugeek: :lol:

I digress,
these look so shiny and treknological (ST:DS9 and ST:Voy influences?),
that its distinctiveness may be added to the collectives' own...
:borg2:

Most certainly! When I think warp drive I pretty much automatically picture Voyager's drive. Though even her drive is 30 years out of date by the time Osiris is built.


Di-lithium - di-lithium - di-lithium. Going to be saying it in accent all day...

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:49 am
by Serin019
Hasn't been much progress lately... Distracted by video games and university.

What little time I've spent modelling has been spent trying to work out how to light the Overwatch station whilst it floats over 15,000 LY above the galaxy... it does not go well.
The station is 2km in the x and y here. Decided on a nice round number since the number Mr. Drexler sent me were a bit iffy.

Image

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:31 am
by Capt_Tinman
Incursion Class would be a cool name for this ship.

Designed to get people or beings into and out of hostile territory. Be it quietly or with guns blazing.

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:39 am
by Serin019
Capt_Tinman wrote:Incursion Class would be a cool name for this ship.

Designed to get people or beings into and out of hostile territory. Be it quietly or with guns blazing.
It does already have a class name and mission spec list. ;)
Osiris being the prototype that's where it gets its class from.
As to the mission profile - covert recon, surveillance and operations along with a healthy mix of asset transport in support of the goals of the organisation that built it.
Basically if it ever gets noticed its really not doing its job right.

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:46 pm
by Serin019
Splat! ...and variations thereon.
(hex texture nowhere near done)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:19 pm
by Moongrim
5th photo down, vaguely reminiscent of the Orion from 2001.

Re: ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:31 am
by Serin019
Moongrim wrote:5th photo down, vaguely reminiscent of the Orion from 2001.
I can totally see that. That the primary hill extends back etc etc and the curve along the top.

Some fun real-time rendering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtUGXfac2-8