ONX-01"Osiris" - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

From 2D to 3D. CGI to Old School sketches. Post all artwork here!
Serin019
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: ONX-01 - Multi-Mission slipstream Prowler [WIP]

Post by Serin019 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:38 pm

Hey!

Maybe, I've only really played a bit of Mass Effect, but I see what you're getting at and you're not the only person to note the similarity.
Film grain? If only... The fuzz is just because I didn't let it render for long to resolve it :P Interiors are typically harder to render in Blender, more light to bounce around etc. Glad you think it looks nice though.

I was thinking about the Okuda-grams. Might have to come up with something like them but not starfleety to differentiate them. Texturing... I freaking hate texturing.

Ok so the medbay thing - I think that might just be a small station for the medical officer or whomever is filling in as one. Perhaps the crews beds could double as biobeds? I mean the ship already keeps track of their bio signatures so why not allow that to extend to medical?
As to the engineering space, I like most of your suggestions there! The replicator works, as does the lab. Cargo transporter perhaps, but I've sort of ditched the idea of dedicated pads for this like the Delta Flyer did. Ships computer can track anything on-board so it doesn't need a pad I think was the idea.
Tools! Yes, I do plan on throwing in a rack of two of those somewhere! Of course I have to do that! The med-desk already has a vial holder that I finished recently if you look hard enough.
Hand grips - yep. That'll work. Probably come in the final passes though.
Conduits and relays also yeah, but behind access panels because most of its connected to the engineering pods so the only thing you'd see would be outputs to whatever devices.
As to blast doors - nope, can't see a reason for them since the engineering pods are below decks and can be ejected if needed.
And yep, there is going to be a weapons rack - started on it and put it down near the docking tube access and external airlock on the right of the ship. Beaming weapons to people? I like it!
All the gear for surface missions will be stored there. I have some great ideas for an on-mission uniform >:D Just need to learn how to use marvelous designer first.

To make an MSD from scratch... yay

Very helpful! Danke!

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:37 pm

I have only read some of this because I keep getting distracted by the eye candy. That, and I am in no way a techy Trekkie. I get the "gist" of what they do and say in the shows, but that's about it. I enjoy it for what it is and let the clever folk try and make true sense of it all.

I had an idea that I wanted to run by you for your project. I don't know if this can work in Trek, but it sounded cool in my head. I will use basic "Xen" terms, so I don't end up confusing myself. :innocent:

Basically, it's based on the idea of having a "fully functional" holoship. We saw in Insurrection how they beamed the Son'a crew from the Command ship bridge to the holoship bridge. How in Voyager the EMH could make himself solid. So, that got me thinking how holo tech could go a step further.

Imagine the internal structure of the ship as basically just a hollow shell (excluding the computer core, engines, life support and other physical essentials). Provided you had all the essentials in place would it not be possible for a crew to "install" a holo program for a specific mission, configuring the entire inside of the ship to suit the needs of the crew?

If they needed an open plan design for storing cargo or people the holo program would configure the ship for such a role. Whatever the mission, whatever the needs of the crew, could be added to said holo program and activated, like a glorified TNG holodeck novel.

As long as there is a computer core located somewhere within the ship it could use internal holo emitters (oops, I'm getting technical here) to provide 1/4 of the ship for medical facilities, 1/4 as an Ops room (like they had in Voyager) and the rest for the bridge, as one example.

Could the "signals" be sent to the computer core and have the core coordinate all functions? Everything from what holographic parts are required to be solid (seating, beds), level of functionality, what can be projections (tactical displays?). Offensive and defensive systems. Back up holo personal? All capable of being changed or removed once they are no longer needed to conserve power (or direct resources to other systems)?

Anyway, hopefully you get the general idea. I don't know if it fits in with your plans, but it's a rare moment when I post "tech talk" and ideas like this. I haven't given this any thought as to whether it would work or not.

I just think of "things" and share. ;)

Serin019
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Serin019 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:57 am

Xen wrote:Snip
Yeah! Why the hell not.
Going from the sophistication of the holoship and adding decades of starfleet technological improvements I'm sure something like that could be possible. There might have even been something like it in an old trek pc game?
You'd want some kind of backups to ensure the whole system doesn't go down and leave the crew fakked though. And probably a really really big distributed compute network along with heaps of power.
The holographic security/tac personnel thing I love! Somewhat because that has been a thing in STO but also because its a logical next step. Extrapolate that the equal rights of Soong type androids were established in the post-destiny novels I'd assume that holographic intelligence would have made some strides in that regard resulting in more interesting deployment of holographic crew members.

I mean within the context of the story that this ship is for there will be fully integrated AI interfaced with the ships and starbases so having holo-lemmings for security makes perfect sense. Oh gods... I'm going to have to write a line about holo-lemmings now.

Anyway... further work.
Scale orthographic of the Sau Paulo class and the (stuff it I'm sticking with the name) Osiris. Mucking about with a procedural hull plating thing. Dunno how I feel about it.
Mostly just refinements to the inside stuff now. Stupid basically unnoticeable fixes. The view of the bottom deck includes things that are just blocks with no detail - airlock and storage box very unfinished.

Serin019
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Serin019 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Some interior renders.
Starting to fill up space with some of the props.

martok2112
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by martok2112 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:56 am

The new interiors are beautiful, especially on the last couple of shots. :)
Remember, you can't have gagh without "gag"! :D

Serin019
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Serin019 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:19 am

martok2112 wrote:The new interiors are beautiful, especially on the last couple of shots. :)
Thanks chancellor! Getting there slowly.

Been playing around with tractor beams via Blenders particle emission system. Not quite ready to show anything but its pretty cool.

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by RogueWolf » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 pm

looking good!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Julien
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Julien » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Very impressive !

Serin019
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Serin019 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:05 am

Not much progress. Dual warp cores are basically done. Started on the links between various systems(somewhat like the distribution systems of a runabout)

Also... bit of a start on something new.
http://imgur.com/d690SN2

RogueWolf

Post by RogueWolf » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:49 am

Looking good!
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Return to “Trek Art”