1/1400 AMT/ERTL U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

1/1400 AMT/ERTL U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hey again,

Now, I think It's time to introduce my flagship, the Enterprise, ne new one :D :D .

It's a well known 1701-E, the big one. It comes from a 1999/2000 AMT ST: Insurrection box. And You can see the escape pod decals a so glow yellow here, even not really correct. The painting instruction from AMT was still for the First Contact kit, so I did it so in 2000 together with my 1701 C and D in 14000 scale too. My base is from FC, but on the Ship I added some Nemesis weapon modifications later even after Nemesis. At this time 2003 I hat no Idea abot the special upgrade kit from Starcrafts. Is it mayba possible to buy only the double torpedo banch, which is behind the bridge?

Painting was wit Revell and Humbrol colors all with brush. All aditional Transorter pad decals are from 2500 scale Ent D kit from AMT and all another hull modifications are from garage decal manifactures like Saturn models (?), I don't know this anymore...but as You can see not the best quality...

I know, it's not the best paint job, but I really like my Enterprise-E, it's a part of my modeller progress and at the buildig time I was 16-17, so I think it's not bad for my young me :lol: :lol: :lol: .

And now some pictures of the beauty.

Greeting,
Michael
Attachments
Side view
Side view
Say my name
Say my name
Behind the ship
Behind the ship
A beauty angle
A beauty angle
Complete
Complete
Primary section
Primary section
Aft section
Aft section
Lower decks
Lower decks
The base
The base
With Akira and Voyager
With Akira and Voyager
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
SKO
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Re: 1/1400 AMT/ERTL U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E

Post by SKO »

This was certainly a better paint job than what I managed on my E when I was 18/19. In hindsight my first "serious" attempt at building a model (not counting the 1/2500 TOS, REFIT, and D that I built as a kid mostly so I could play with them and never painted) should probably not have been my all time favorite ship, cuz I screwed up in a number of ways that taught me a few things. For one, never try to spray paint something and THEN glue it.

Years later tore the whole thing apart, scrubbed it clean, and rebuilt it with Acreation wallpaper decals. This was in the brief period between R2's first issue of it and their re-issue so I couldn't really afford to just buy a new one. Nowadays they're a bit easier and cheaper to find. You can build a new one and show all that you have learned since this one and display them side by side, otherwise nothing wrong with being proud of where you started.

Man I ramble like Grandpa Simpson on these things sometimes. Long story short: nice work! Plenty to be proud of.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Looks really neat! I can't tell the difference between the Ent-E versions... I just can tell that yours is simply fantastic. Painted with a brush? At first glance I never would be able to spot this!
:o
Thanks,

Yan.
Dr_Corsa
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Dr_Corsa »

Hi!

I changed 4 transporter pads on my 1701-E. Now it looks much clouser to the studio model. Thanks angain to Nova1972 for the decals sheet!

Greeting,
Michael
Attachments
Studio modell in ST:8 First Contact
Studio modell in ST:8 First Contact
WP_20170613_005.jpg
WP_20170613_006.jpg
WP_20170613_007.jpg
Genuine decals addicted
1/1400 scale modeller
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Your build is very neat!

I can't wait to build mine, have the very same kit. Mine I am willing to make lighted though.

:)
Thanks,

Yan.

Return to “General Trek”