USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E 1/2500

For everything Star Trek related, that isn't covered by the other forums.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E 1/2500

Post by NCC1966 »

So, it's finally done. It supposed to be a "quick" project due to its nature but as everything that lands onto my workbench it took ages to get the last touch.

The kit came from the 3-piece set (B, C and E) and the decals came from the scan of a latter release of the same kit (the cool double sheet). The build was very straightforward and I didn't use any putty as you may notice in some pictures. Initially I had painted it with chrome but then I laid down over everything a layer of pearl white since I imagined it would look better.

After that I painted the windows in black as you will see in the closest picture of the saucer (second). Believe it or not it was easier that it seems due to a "cheat trick" and didn't took more than 5-10 minutes to get all of them done.

;)

Then it was only the job of apply the decals. As usual it wasn't exactly a joyride and I had to be very careful and patient. It was my second experience with printed decals and the main issue was that they didn't stick to the surface by themselves so I had to give a little help. Basically the "technic" consisted on position the decals and brush over with white glue (that disappeared after dry). At the end I masked the two squared things over the saucer (don't know the name of that) and airbrushed with metallic red. Finally I painted the deflector in brass with a brush.

Since this kit didn't come with a base I had to improvise one. The foot is a DVD bulk pack box cap airbrushed with matte black and the stem is the second finest segment of a telescopic antenna.

As usual no one of my builds achieve breath taking results but you look and tell if you like it!

:)

Thanks,

Yan.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E 1/2500

Post by trekriffic »

Don't kid yourself Yan, this turned out really well. Nicely done! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Thanks for the greetings, Trekriffic!
I take it as a special compliment coming from such a master!

:D

By the way, it was your 1300th post... kind of kabbalistic...

:mrgreen:
Thanks,

Yan.
trekriffic
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by trekriffic »

NCC1966 wrote:Thanks for the greetings, Trekriffic!
I take it as a special compliment coming from such a master!

:D

By the way, it was your 1300th post... kind of kabbalistic...

Cannibalistic??? :o Something eating at you there is.
"You broke your little ships."

My albums on flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/29607470@N08/sets/
mophius
Crafty Captain
Crafty Captain

Post by mophius »

Looks fantastic. Well done NCC1966
There is no dark side of the moon really, matter of fact its all dark.
Hossfly72
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by Hossfly72 »

Looks great Yan!
i don't know. I'm making it up as I go.
NCC1966
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by NCC1966 »

Cool, thanks fellows, it's good to know that it pleases someone else beside myself!

:)

I found this build very rewarding. She's 90% decals so I advise anyone that is thinking to make this model to use the NEW decal sheet. The old one that comes with the 3-piece set has nothing more than the basic signs and a half dozen of windows. Really really poor.

I would like to add that the "texture" you may see along the surface was caused by a a problem during the body painting. I have reported it in the thread located at https://www.allscaletrek.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4238 and unfortunately I never managed to recover completely from the "accident". The fact is that I couldn't remove totally the "bad" paint even using the strongest (and yet safe) thinner I had. Anything stronger would risk to corrode the plastic. Fortunately the texture is not visible from the normal observation distance and may be noticeable only if you get very very close!

Thanks,

Yan.
nova1972x
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by nova1972x »

Very nice job!

Return to “General Trek”