Back Safe and sound...

RogueWolf
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Back Safe and sound...

Post by RogueWolf » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:00 am

Wow, WF 2014 was a blast! I still can't believe that I was chatting with John Eaves and Rick Sternbach!
That's John on the Left, Rick center and me on the right;

Woot! I was in starship design mecca.

I brought along my HOLO Ship build to show John Eaves to discuss the placement of the impulse engines and shuttlebay as it is not indicated in his rough sketch.
John told me that the shuttlebay is exactly where he intended it to be. As for the Impulse engines, he said he was looking for something slightly different than what I had, but the placement (at the base of the pylon struts) was what he was thinking as well.
John liked my work a lot and wants a copy of the kit when it's ready! I'm so stoked!!! We discussed my idea that Starfleet would use Holo projections to deceive enemy fleets to great length - what a time!

Saturday night in the RI suite, I showed Rick my 1/2500 shuttles that I scratched, he couldn't believe it! He asked me if I was sure that they weren't grown! Now if only Doug Drexler had to have made it, I would have spoken to the three wise men of Trek Ship design history.

As for the rest of WonderFest, getting to meet so many people from the SSM, RI and AST boards was just awesome, the only thing that would have made it better is if I didn't have to sleep.
Check out my NorthTrek Creations kits at:
http://www.mvmodels.biz/northtrek.asp
Valar Morghulis

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: Back Safe and sound...

Post by Moongrim » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:29 pm

That is just too cool. I'm so glad you got some of the three wise men of design praising you and your work.
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

Lonewolf
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by Lonewolf » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Glad to hear that you got home safe and sound, Mick, and it was great to meet you!
Check out the Sci-Fi Model Kit Directory - A searchable resource with kit reviews and information on how to find the kit you're looking for! Visit http://www.sfmkd.com today!

el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:13 pm

That is very cool that you got a chance to meet with and exchange ideas with Sternbach and Eaves. I met Eaves at the last WF I attended and have to say he's the nicest guy. Not only does he share his ideas, he wants to know yours as well. Great individual.
Moongrim wrote:That is just too cool. I'm so glad you got some of the three wise men of design praising you and your work.
That's what made missing this WF so painful. There were three of the five designers of the stuff we build at once in the same building.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.

Return to “Wonderfest 2014 (closed)”