newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant" "Withdrawn"

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant" "Withdrawn"

Post by curt »

Ok guys so I am going to be getting in on this. I need a build to get me back in the saddle as it were. I havent done any building for the better part of 6 years or since my wife got pregnant. I have had a couple false starts that never paned out due to time and space to build. I am going to be setting my workspace back up an xen asked for a couple more red shirts, so here I am.

I dont want to build something that everyone else is building an have narrowed it down to a couple kits. I am "NOT" building my voyager as I have DLM parts for lighting, nor am I going to do my 1/350 Nx-01, or my excelsiors, my reliants, my D, or my ent B. I "DO have" 2 -star trek 5 ent A, my Ent E, and a runabout. I am on the fence about my adversary set though.

So decision, decisions.... votes? I will be picking a kit in the next week or so.

Curt
Last edited by curt on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jkb-1
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: newbie contest oob build, Subject????

Post by jkb-1 »

I can just remind you of what you likely already know. The Ent-A has that crazy-quilt pattern, but you may want the contest deadline to keep ya fillin' and sandin' when you want to quit. The Runabout begs to be built once OOB, and once really pimped out. The Ent-E, I don't know any issues...
Professor Theophilus
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by Professor Theophilus »

jkb-1 wrote:I can just remind you of what you likely already know. The Ent-A has that crazy-quilt pattern, but you may want the contest deadline to keep ya fillin' and sandin' when you want to quit. The Runabout begs to be built once OOB, and once really pimped out. The Ent-E, I don't know any issues...
Yeah, what he said. :D But seriously I agree 100%.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Thanks guys, if I can get a second voyager model I will build that. I am also looking at the defiant. Mabye a klingon battelcruiser.... trying to do something different from everyone else.
ironman150
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by ironman150 »

curt wrote:Thanks guys, if I can get a second voyager model I will build that. I am also looking at the defiant. Mabye a klingon battelcruiser.... trying to do something different from everyone else.
Yeah, I had thought about Klingon BoP or D-7. But I was limited by what was at the local Hobby Town USA.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen »

You need to pick something to officially get this WIP started. It can be a styrene or resin kit. So, there are other choices, beyond what you might find in your local hobby shop.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: newbie contest oob build, round 2 "Defiant"

Post by curt »

So I will offically be building the Round 2 Defiant for this build. It is sitting at the shop with a friend. Just have to make the trip up to get it next week. Will post Pictures when I get it.

Curt
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Ok picked up my kit this morning! Also some paints.

So here she is, the box;

Box Opened; and parts in bags;

Setting up work space tomorrow, and Wednesday. Will get started on here ASAP. This build will be straight out of box and paint and seems filled if needed. otherwise nothing else. this is to get my feet wet and building again.

Curt
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Ok so work space is mostly set up. I unbaged the parts and dipped them in luke warm water with dish detergent simmilar to dawn. Scrubed with a toothbrush rinsed and dried. Looks lime this kit will go togeather fairly quick with most of my time spent on paint and decals. Will get pics up later.

Time to go watch some source material while my wife naps...
Max Nex
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Post by Max Nex »

I don't know if Round 2 made any mods to the kit but I would recommend shortening the pins by at least half.
otherwise the upper and lower halves won't even touch.
some other people have removed the pins entirely and lined it up using the mark one eyeball.
:)

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”