1/350 NX-01 Enterprise INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
sparrowlord01
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Re: 1/350 NX-01 Enterprise

Post by sparrowlord01 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 am

I didn't notice anything about lighting. I hope not. I really wanted to light this one. The only kits I have lit so far are a couple of old BG Viper kits (monogram). This one loksed like it wasd made for it.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:22 am

sparrowlord01 wrote:I didn't notice anything about lighting. I hope not. I really wanted to light this one. The only kits I have lit so far are a couple of old BG Viper kits (monogram). This one loksed like it wasd made for it.
Are we allowed to light these? I had gotten it into my head that we could only use kit parts, but if we can light these, then I've got a bunch of LEDs ready to go!

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:30 am

My inturpritation is only parts in the original packageing. If it was one of the lightable ent d's that had lighting parts in the box it would be ok, or the 1/350 tos enterprise that came with lighting. Unfortunitly the 1/350 nx-01 never had lighting and as such to add lighting to the kit would mean it is no longer a oob build and as such would kick the build out of the contest.

I agree and feel that the 1/350 nx-01 is made to be lit. If you want to light it I would chose a different kit to build for the contest. Just my oppinion.

Curt
Last edited by curt on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

cannon fodder
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by cannon fodder » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:52 am

The rules state oob only with the exception or custom paint job and/or decals so I would say no to lighting it.

MEATLOAFr
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)
Resolute Rear Admiral (UH)

Post by MEATLOAFr » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:56 am

My vote would be to go ahead and light it if you want to, just don't post the lighting parts for your submission

I wouldn't waste mine for a non lit version, but that's just me
If the world ends tomorrow, it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Custom Decals, and Vinyl Cutting services available
E-Mail direct to my [USERNAME] @ GMAIL account for Decals & Vinyl services

IceGiant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant
Lemme At Em Lieutenant

Post by IceGiant » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:13 pm

cannon fodder wrote:The rules state oob only with the exception or custom paint job and/or decals so I would say no to lighting it.
Yup the FAQ..

Q: What does OOB or Out Of Box mean?
A: OOB means you build what is contained within the original packaging. No modifications, with the exception of new decals.

Cubey Terra
Can-Do Captain (CW)
Can-Do Captain (CW)

Post by Cubey Terra » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:01 pm

IceGiant wrote: Q: What does OOB or Out Of Box mean?
A: OOB means you build what is contained within the original packaging. No modifications, with the exception of new decals.
Say... I just... uh... "found" a whole bunch of LEDs and wires in the box. How did they get there? I guess they're part of the kit! ;)

sparrowlord01
Erratic Ensign
Erratic Ensign

Post by sparrowlord01 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:18 pm

LOL.. I'm not sure what to do now. I spent my kit allowance fot the next four months on this one, over $60 plus shipping, just for this build, and it's a shame to build it without lights. Not to mention sending my Wife out into the cold for the Flat Black i needed to paint the interior... If she doesn't see lights in it, I am a dead man... I don't have another kit that I can do. I just don't have the paints for the other Trek kits I have except one of those little 1/1000 scale TOS Enterprise kits with the Botany Bay. I got that one for Xmas and I can't do it. Parts are too small for me to work with nowadays. The thing is, it looks like the kit was designed to be tighted. There are formed supports with slits and other things that seem to be made specifically to attach lighting to. What if I don't turn on the lights for the final pics, and don't show mounting of any of them? I think we need a judges call on this one. It's not like the lights alter the outside appearance of it in any way. They just make it a bit more difficult to build.

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:47 am

Well xen just answered the question posed here in the have a question thread. Unfortunitly it states only parts that came in the original packageing, sorry. Yes as I stated this kit I also feel is ment to be lit which is why I havent touched mine yet. If your looking for something pm me I may have something we could work out.

Curt

curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:12 pm

Any updates? What are you going to be working on if you box this one up?

Return to “Newbie Contest Entries”