1/350 TNG Surveillance Vessel INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

1/350 TNG Surveillance Vessel INCOMPLETE

Post by patrickivan »

--------edit--------

I'm going to give the first one a go. I'll be sculpting the primary body from foam. Perhaps starting with a balsa frame.

--------------------

Here are 3 google SU models that I've made a while ago- I've always wanted a physical model. If allowed (because it was already designed by me), I'd like to build one for the contest.

This first would be at least 1/350.

This one would be a complete scratch build. It's a concept I had for a long time and finally built in sketch up a year or so ago. I'm unsure what scale it would be.

The final one would be a Corvette I made a while ago as well. I've always liked this little guy.

Last edited by patrickivan on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bunnyast
Legendary LT Commander
Legendary LT Commander

Re: A few ideas for the contest

Post by bunnyast »

The first one is neat but the colour scheme reminds me of TB2. :D
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

I really like #1. Obviously a small vessel, though bigger than a runabout. A small, personal warp vessel of some type. Love to hear the backstory on this one.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

bunnyast wrote:The first one is neat but the colour scheme reminds me of TB2. :D
TB2?
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

Kratok wrote:I really like #1. Obviously a small vessel, though bigger than a runabout. A small, personal warp vessel of some type. Love to hear the backstory on this one.
I think this will be the one I do. It's the most challenging of them I think.

Here's an inside view (that I will NOT be including in the build)

It's inspired by one of Probert's E-D bridge console setup. I thought that would work perfectly with this ship.

Here's a later version- about 20 years later.
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Any one of those would be sure to win.

I'm curious about first one and the open deck, what exactly is the setup behind the bridge that looks like a staircase?
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

boarding ramp for when shes landed looks like to me
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

Thanks Moongrim- and correct, Zookman. It's a one deck ship with a crawlspace below for systems access. The staircase behind is for when landed.

The layout is simple. We have the forward command/opps. Midship is transporter conn and other systems. Port and starboard lounge/rec/office space. Just behind that are two crew rooms with 2 closed bunk beds. Aft is the engine room and other systems.

Ya- I'm going with this ship. I figure at 1/350, and approximately 20 meters long, it'll be a decent size. Maybe a little longer.

I had envisioned this vessel as a larger runnabout type ship. The main principals being that she's for transport, scouting if required, and very fast. Very fast. She's not meant for combat against anything remotely large. She is a Starfleet ship. Speed is her main defense. This particular one could be a civilian or scientific body appropriated vessel say around the 2290's when this design style (big blobby galaxy class like) was falling out of fashion for more offensive designs.
patrickivan
Can-Do Captain
Can-Do Captain

Post by patrickivan »

Some more details

The underside. You can see the boarding ramp yellow

The impulse engine

https://patrickivan.files.wordpress.com/ ... =450&h=247
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman »

kinda looks like a galaxy class captains yacht with a extended rear hull and warp engines ..

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”