USS Sutherland refit WITHDRAWN

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

USS Sutherland refit WITHDRAWN

Post by SingleMind »

This is my entry.

I am going to bash the Round 2 Galaxy class into the USS Sutherland. How ever it will be after a refit to fit it into my 13 years after Nemesis story. I will be making several modifications. The main shuttle bay will changed to be not a flight hazard. I will be replacing the bridge module. Probably will tweak the nacelles and struts too. I will obviously be scratch building the pod and pillar. I'm not sure if I will go with the shuttle bay hanger pod that it has in my email story I play or something more simple. We'll see either way when it's finished the pods will still be interchangeable.
Last edited by SingleMind on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: USS Sutherland refit

Post by asmcelhinney »

Nice! Always fancied trying the Galaxy to Nebula conversion myself, will be interesting to see how you get on.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

So every one mocks the nebula for the bad shuttlebay. Doing some research and where the heck are the impulse engines?
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

Here:
nebula-impulse.jpg
They are absurdly small for a ship this size - probably 1/4 to maybe 1/3 the size of Galaxy class impulse engines. At least they are hidden from most angles, so when I get around to my Nebula I am going to put conventional Galaxy impulse engines in that spot.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

Well that's just silly. As this is a refit I am going to make those larger. Thanks for the info Kratok.
asmcelhinney
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by asmcelhinney »

I'd never noticed that before, what pathetic impulse engines!
"No matter where you go, there you are."

My fledgling YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/PapanurgleForums
Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by Moongrim »

Me neither! :oops:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.
curt
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by curt »

Will be following rhis with much anticipation!
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

Kratok wrote:They are absurdly small for a ship this size - probably 1/4 to maybe 1/3 the size of Galaxy class impulse engines. At least they are hidden from most angles, so when I get around to my Nebula I am going to put conventional Galaxy impulse engines in that spot.
I'm curious as to what you have in mind. I'm planning a Nebula conversion for this year and I've had the same concerns about those impulse engines. I don't want to highjack this build, so maybe I'll resurrect the Nebula Conversion thread in the 2500 forum.
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

I will be posting some pics this weekend of what I have so far. I'll pencil in what I'm thinking for the impulse engines/top of the saucer.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”