USS Sutherland refit WITHDRAWN

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Re: USS Sutherland refit

Post by SingleMind »

Here is my donor kit cut up arranged. Nothing is glued together just taped. the pencil lines are what I'm thinking of doing to the top. Kind of a Sovereign type wedge blending into the present impulse engines. Probably will look Titan-ish. Also going to add to the shuttlebay to make two doors that shoot out to either side of the pylon. I think i got this idea from your conversion thread el gato.

Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
el gato
Fatidical Fleet Admiral
Fatidical Fleet Admiral

Post by el gato »

You did a great job cutting out the saucer! :thumbsup: From my research, it doesn't look like the Nebula has those two phaser strips in the back of the saucer, but it doesn't mean you should get rid of them. After all, yours is a refit
RogueWolf wrote:I've sacrificed many dozens (maybe even hundreds) of gummy bears to the dark modeling gods to grant me my wish... but I fear my offerings only amuse them, not appease them.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

It does seem silly to have them there. They have no line of fire. And thanks. I'm kinda cheating in that I am borrowing a friends unbuilt resin model and using it as a reference. His model has the phaser strips there now that I look at it.
Confidence - that feeling you get right before you fully understand the situation.
Kratok
Perhaps today IS a good day to model
Perhaps today IS a good day to model

Post by Kratok »

Interesting concept.

I like the idea of incorporating the Sovereign wedge into the saucer as this is a refit.
Similar paint scheme?
Sovereign style lifeboats?

I look forward to seeing your progress on this.
SingleMind
Charismatic Commander
Charismatic Commander

Post by SingleMind »

So i am not going to be getting this done for the contest. Real life has gotten in the way and work is going to get busy. ill be posting my progress in the 2500 scale once i get back to working on her. Looking forward to seeing all of your progress.
Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Re: USS Sutherland refit WITHDRAWN

Post by Xen »

I will lock the contest thread and copy it over to the 1/2500 section, so you can continue your work when you have the time.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”