1/72 pirate raider INCOMPLETE

Each participant will have their own Work in Progress thread, which will be updated as the contest progresses. Please note that spectators aren't allowed to start new threads, but can reply to existing ones.
zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

1/72 pirate raider INCOMPLETE

Post by zookman » Sun May 18, 2014 4:51 pm

not quite sure what im doing yet but im leaning towards something different and all scratch .. well cept some of the smaller ........... ummmmm .......... well ........... parts .... some stock some modified a bit ..
Last edited by zookman on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: to be announced

Post by zookman » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 pm

ok decided on something small but still large scale .. will be 1/350 so i can use some figures i got .. something similar to the archer class but with the refit look ..ill be using the 1/1000 refit kit as a base .. will thicken the saucer and combine the secondary hull into it so the sensor dish is about same place .. will have to lengthen the rear somewhat and give the engines once over while not using the refit engines .. may incled a drop in shuttle bay and of course docking port ... may also light it and do some crude interiors since i wanna have some crewmen looking out windows .. naturaly it will have landing gear .. pics to follow ..

Moongrim
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)
Fatidical Fleet Admiral (CW)

Re: to be announced

Post by Moongrim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:02 am

This sounds intriguing. :mrgreen:
There are Times, Sir, when men of good Conscience cannot blindly follow orders. You acknowledge their sentience, but ignore their personal liberties and freedoms. Order a man to hand over his child to the state? Not while I"m captain.
- J.L.Picard.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Re: 1/72 pirate raider

Post by zookman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:15 am

did a bit of test fitting some parts today with the figures i got and i think the 1/1000 scale saucer is gonna be a bit small for what i had intended so im upgrading to a 1/537 refit and will probly cut it down dia wise to what i want .. ive also got some add on parts i got from a fellow member that ill be using as well .. im thinking of shooting for something along the lines of a refit era defiant .. small fast overpowered and over gunned lol .. most likly will have some sort of built into the hull warp drive but still be mostly external .. gotta work that out but have ideas rolling lol .. no pics as camera batteries are dead lol .. so will snap some tomorow and hopefully start cutting plastic and resin lol
Last edited by zookman on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:15 pm

got a rough mockup done .. also got more bah parts to sort through and wee what i can use lol so things may change from as they are now .. i know the saucer is gonna get an add on on the front and top and bottom also not sure what engiens will look like yet or location .. lots of ideas and testing gonna happen in next few days lol .. ok a couple pics of rough idea of what im shooting for and what finished kit probly wont look like when done lol

100_3999.JPG
bottom
100_4000.JPG
Last edited by zookman on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm

got thinking and may change this to 1/72 scale for ease of making some interior stuff and also ease pf painting figures .. also it may also become a pirate ship since ya dont see those very often so anything goes for design and parts makeup ... overall size probly wont change since i want it to be a small ship
Last edited by zookman on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:23 am

yep got to thinking about it last couple days and im changing this to a pirate raider .. possibly orion in design with maybe a touch of federation and klingon looks thrown in as well .. and to go with my landing bay dio i wanna do some day its gonna be 1/72 .. probly not much larger than what is shown here already since this is what im starting with and will be adding bits and pices of this and that kit to kit ..

zookman
Crafty Commodore
Crafty Commodore

Post by zookman » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

well i kept messing around with different mockups and parts combos but nothing realy had the look i wanted to get so if xen approves ill change overall look but still keep same scale and concept just look of ship will be different than shown in above pics tho i may add those parts in as well in some form .. ive got an old ship i designed many moons ago and always wanted to make a model of it .. well i think this is the time .. tho in this scale its gonna be a big one lol at about 4 feet in length . may include interior details for some spots tho it probly wont have windows since its geared for combat

Xen
Bear with me
Bear with me

Post by Xen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:36 am

Marked as incomplete. Please PM me if you want this thread copied to another section.

Return to “MIS Contest Entries”